Thread: Turbo Tuff exhaust

Default Turbo Tuff exhaust

Is anyone familiar with this exhaust? The Borla I have is too restrictive and I've found one of these for a TCB deal.

"Turbo Tuff cat-back exhaust system
    Reviewed by: Pavel (Paul) Klein - [email protected]
    All 304 stainless-steel exhaust system for 1.6 and 1.8 liter engines. System incorporates 2.25" pipes, muffler and 4" diameter polished tip (very nice). There is no resonator between the cat. convertor and muffler like the original set-up, however, the exhaust tip does incorporate some sort of resonator.

Two-piece system is very easy to install. All bolts and gasket are included in the package. Existing rubber hangers and mounting points are utilized. Total time to install was under two hours, which included removing the stock system (bolts were not rusted to the convertor). Tools required include ramps (or jack & stands), 14mm socket with extension, 14mm wrench, various screwdrivers (for prying off the rubber hangers), sillicone spray (makes removal/installation of hangers easier). The system fit wery well, no modification to the system or car was necessary. The larger-than-stock tip fits the opening in the bumper very well, giving the car a more agressive appearance.

The system, installed on a 1994 R model, is louder than stock, with a deeper exhaust note at all revs. Together with a K&N funnel-type airfilter, the engine is more responsive above 4,000 rpm., I would estimate about 10 extra hp. The sound is pleasing, a little deeper and not a "raspy" as a Borla-system installed car I had a chance to test-drive. If a quiter sound is prefered, I imagine that the Jackson Racing system, which has a resonator between the convertor and muffler, like the stock system, might be a better choice."
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Yeah, right, 10 horsepower................................. :dreamer:
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I don't expect 10 hp, I laughed at that too. I just I just want something that doesn't get smaller than the down and mid pipe after the
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Chassis Designer

Wouldnt 2.25" piping be too small for your turbo set-up? Most people run at least 2.5"
    1990 Red Turbo, Granbury TX..

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    I don't expect 10 hp, I laughed at that too. I just I just want something that doesn't get smaller than the down and mid pipe after the
    Got to Kinney's Muffler in Hurst, and have them build you a custom system. Piping is relatively cheap, and they've got a mandrel bender in house.

In fact, they could take your existing system, hack off the old pipes and weld on bigger diameter pipes for not much more than the cost of tubing.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Turns out it is 2.25", so I think I'll save my $$$ and wait for a cheap 2.5".

Maybe a custom, if so I'll go see your dude in Hurst.

I still have yet to hear from anyone on several boards that is familiar with this exhaust.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Sharpie I would look at Enthuzacar.com as they have systems for turbo cars that won't bust your budget. I would look at a min of 2.5" system with a high flow cat. You will not need a resonator with the turbo and cat so don't worry about that. If you can swing it go for the stainless as it will help with exhaust velocity since it will keep the heat in better.

Don't get suckered into a high price cat either. I paid $45 for a universal fit off Ebay and it is made by Magnaflow. Stainless construction and it is a high flow unit.

When I had my 3" system made with the high flow cat I picked up 25hp so don't think that you won't notice an improvment. This was a modification to an existing system an not the stock system either.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Well hell, I guess FM Duals are going to find their way onto my car. Thanks Fwmiata.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles