• String Cheese

4 22.22%
  • U-Verse

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you get your TV Signal??

Default How do you get your TV Signal??

So how do you get you TV signal???

My contract is almost up with Dish Network, and I'm thinking about switching to DirecTV!

I have Dish Network. Sarah has the Dish network with the DVR (Kinda like Tivo). I would like to have that one.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I have Dish Network with a dual receiver DVR player. It allows me to record 2 different things at once, or record one channel while watching another. Very Cool. It also will be capable of providing a Picture in Picture signal at some point in the future.

Also a note, My in-laws Had Dish Network in CA and switched to DirectTV when they moved to TX. The switched back to Dish Network after 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Also a note, My in-laws Had Dish Network in CA and switched to DirectTV when they moved to TX. The switched back to Dish Network after 4 months.
    HHHMMMM why was that????

DirecTV but those jack es keep raising the rates a dollar here, a dollar there...

We are looking seriously at moving to Verizon's cable offering over FIOS.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    HHHMMMM why was that????
    Bad installers, worse phone support, 4 Installer visits in 4 months, signal loss issues, and a menu that they couldn't get used to. They vowed not to renew the contract about halfway through the experience.

The final straw was when an installer was out for a repair, and disconnected everything including the VCR and DVD player before telling them he didn't have the right part and leaving. He said it would be a few days... After he was gone, they realized that he had left things in a state where they couldn't even watch a video or DVD. I drove out there and hooked things back up for them while my mother in-law (who thinks darn is a bad word) screamed obscenities at them over the phone until they agreed to let her out of the contract.

I know that much of the problems would not have been problems with an electronically inclined customer, but it is disappointing that older people like our parents have to deal with that type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    DirecTV but those jack es keep raising the rates a dollar here, a dollar there...
    That's funny that you should say that... I've been with DirecTV from their beginning and they have raised their rates, but, at least not for me, in the last several years. In fact, they give out nice customer loyalty packages. I can't tell you the last time I paid for Starz or HBO or any of those types of deals...

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Bad installers, worse phone support, 4 Installer visits in 4 months, signal loss issues, and a menu that they couldn't get used to. They vowed not to renew the contract about halfway through the experience.

The final straw was when an installer was out for a repair, and disconnected everything including the VCR and DVD player before telling them he didn't have the right part and leaving. He said it would be a few days... After he was gone, they realized that he had left things in a state where they couldn't even watch a video or DVD. I drove out there and hooked things back up for them while my mother in-law (who thinks darn is a bad word) screamed obscenities at them over the phone until they agreed to let her out of the contract.

I know that much of the problems would not have been problems with an electronically inclined customer, but it is disappointing that older people like our parents have to deal with that type of thing.
    That sounds more like the installers were idiots (those guys are usually contracted out/ independent dealers anyhow...) and not representative of DirecTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    That sounds more like the installers were idiots (those guys are usually contracted out/ independent dealers anyhow...) and not representative of DirecTV.
    You are probably right, but it still reflects poorly upon their ability to manage quality control among their contract workers. The first 3 visits were from the same guy. Before the third visit, she begged them to send a different guy. The operator said she didn't have control of that. Before the forth visit she demanded they send someone different and they did. He was worse. You would think that you would send your best guy (contractor or not) in to mop up the mess with problem accounts. That his how we did it when I did IT support. They seem to have a different model.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I am a cheap ass! I am probably the only one who does not have a fancy Dish or cable TV. Our house had a antenna on the roof and it gets all the local stations crystal clear. Had it not been for that we probably would have gone with Dish Network again.
    No more Miata

Directv integrated with Tivo™....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I get cable from the university and use a TV tuner card on my computer to act like a Tivo... but cheaper and ALOT more capacity.

What's wrong with your Dish Network? My parents used to have Direct TV, but they were dicks about an upgrade so we didn't renew and went with Dish Network and love it. I personally like the menu/guide and the DVR with the Dish Network, but I haven't experienced Direct TV's recorder/Tivo thing since they were dicks about the upgrade. That's why we have Dish Network now!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    What's wrong with your Dish Network?
    Had it for 6 years was just lurking to see if the grass is greener with someone else, but looking like I may hold my ground for one more year.

One thing I do like is they give you a decent break if you pay a year in advance so no bill!

I have Cable and I can recoed 2 things while watching a 3rd and no there not in different rooms
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    I have Cable and I can recoed 2 things while watching a 3rd and no there not in different rooms
    OH wow! Well, that sounds pretty cool then!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    You can do that on DirecTV Tivo as well. As long as the show you are watching is something you have previously recorded. (i.e. recording 2 different shows while watching something already recorded)
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04
    You can do that on DirecTV Tivo as well. As long as the show you are watching is something you have previously recorded. (i.e. recording 2 different shows while watching something already recorded)
    Yes Dave but I am watching live TV and recording 2....
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast