Thread: Anyone repair computers or know of a place?

Exclamation Anyone repair computers or know of a place?

My laptop is having some issues and I need to get if fixed.

The problem is the power supply - the female end in the computer feels like it's broken off it's solder joints or perhaps the piece itself is broken. Anyhow, there is no way in the world I'm letting HP have my computer to repair it (being that I'm way out of warranty the repair prices probably skyrocketed!)

I'm looking for a local place that can fix it and have it back to me with a day or two... anything like that here? Oh, and of course, TCB within reason...

You might be able to talk CM into opening it up and fixing it for you, although there would be little recourse if he makes things worse . It could be a good fall-back if TCB and fast is not possible with a real repair shop.

Ah go get yourself a new one! It's fun!

If you want, come on over, and we'll open it up (read you'll open it up) and we'll solder that bad boy back on (read you'll solder that bad boy back on).
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

The traces on the PCB are probably broken... common problem on certain HPQ models of laptops... I've fixed a few in my days...

If that's the case then it'll need to be fixed with some stiff wire and some careful soldering... a little superglue to hold the jack to the board is also good to use.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I don't repair laptops, I replace them. Sorry!