Thread: Town North Mazda Service Department?

Suspension Modder

Default Town North Mazda Service Department?

Has anyone here had their car serviced at Town North Mazda (www.townnorthmazda.com)? If so, how was your experience? The reason I'm asking is because I'm about to bring my '01 there for them to fix the clutch shudder. So if you have any good/bad experience there please reply or any recommendations of other places would be helpful too. Thanks![/url]

I've had my old '02 in for the fog light service and had no problems whatsover from them. Leased the '02 miata from them and then traded that for my '03 P5 from them as well. Good Luck
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

parts guys seem to be cool, for what that's worth. Got a free bolt once...

Yeah, the parts guys are cool there. Tell 'em you're an Autocrosser.

I can tell you that the guys where I bought my car from (El Dorado) can't do any of the following:

Fix vibrations from aftermarket rims on the car... even after swearing they replaced 2 rims...

Fix scratches in the clear coat... they sprayed the trunk lid and if you look at it from an angle it looks like orange peel...

Fix the springs on the trunk lid... They are set too weak for having the spoiler on it...

But... at least they can do a good oil change. However, for my next oil change I'm putting in an Oil Filter Relocation Kit.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Suspension Modder

Well I took it in for the clutch shudder issue on thursday morning. They were able to reproduce the problem and change out my clutch disc by afternoon. They also did the foglight recall while my car was there.

So I went a picked it up in the afternoon, and while driving it home I heard a metal grinding noise coming from the tranny so I turned around and took the car back to the dealership. Since it was about time for them to close for the day, they gave me a rental car while my car was at the dealership for them to find out what that noise was.

Today afternoon, they called me up and said the noise was caused by a mistorqued tranny bracket bolt and that they fixed it; they also went ahead and retorqued my loose front sway bar brackets bolts. I'm surprised they didn't give me any crap about my aftermarket suspension when I complained about the noise. Oh, and they also cleaned my car inside out

The people at the service department were very nice and they got everything done quickly. Overall, I had a good experience there despite the tranny bracket setback, and I wouldn't hesitate to take my car back in the future if necessary.

I guess things have changed there. I took my 03 in at 34500 for the clutch problem, a bad lcd display on the stereo (doesn't display the complete numbers but 10% of the time) and a squealing drive belt when I use the AC. They say the clutch wouldn't be covered since the car has more than 12000 miles on it. They couldn't reproduce the shudder that I experience every single day. They also told me they couldn't make the belt squeal or the LCD display lose sections like I live with 90% of the time.
    2003 Miata SE (573 of 1549)
    1995 Thunderbird SC, 5-speed (1 of 574)
    1971 Corvette Convertible, LS5 (in pieces)

Saved me about 500 bucks when I used them for my pre-purchase inspection.

They found a leaking slave cylinder and a leaking CAS ring.

Pointed out to me that the master cylinder had been replaced and seemed to be very thorough when showing me everything that looked good on the car.