Thread: In the works: V10 Acura NSX

Talking In the works: V10 Acura NSX

400HP V10

Meh.. it looks look sedated (to Honda?)... When the NSX came out, it was more extreme, and hard to confuse with anything else out of Japan. Those pictures look to me like something from Mitsubishi. It's like Honda said "Super cars have scoops and big mid engines... where is that proposed new Prelude drawing... lets through some scoops on it and replace the back seat with a big engine".

400 hp seems a little low for a Honda V10. The new M5 makes 500. Obviously Honda could be making 400 hp with just 2 liters of V10.

Cars these days are all about the numbers and 400 hp is for luxury cars, not supercars.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Kinda reminds me of the Audi LeMans concept car. Linky
    Last edited by blackzx3_13; 01-28-2006 at 09:29 AM.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

---Zzzzzzzz
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    ---Zzzzzzzz
    +1. And I'm a Honda fan.

I still would love to pick up an early NSX some day, though!

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Being a fan of "friendly" super-cars, I love the NSX purely from the fact that it uses a great engine (the C-series, also seen in the old Legend line) and that it's pretty timeless, as far as style goes, in my book. I'm with Iain on hopes of owning an early NSX later on down the road, though a second gen NSX with the smoothed out lamps wouldn't be so bad either (coupled with the 6-speed too). Hell, I dare to say that the NSX's gauge cluster, even the second gens, use the classical gauge layout that was used by Honda/Acura back in the 1990's that was very similar to the Integra's gauge cluster.

As far as the concept V10 body design goes... It looks like a mash-up of an NSX, Audi Le Mans edition, and a Lamborghini Murcielago all slopped together. But as with all concepts, it's not quite finished... I hope that the final design still has an aggressive look but a down-to-earth interior.
    November 12, 2005 - A new beginning
    Devil: 1999 Brilliant Black NB - Base Edition - Stock Spec

AIM ID: ZeroXR13mg
    http://zeroxr.com

We have a '92 NSX that puts out darn near 275whp with its usual 3.0liter v6. I don't think Honda would need a v-10 to put out 400hp.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Quote Originally Posted by TheChadVIII
    We have a '92 NSX that puts out darn near 275whp with its usual 3.0liter v6. I don't think Honda would need a v-10 to put out 400hp.
    the number of cylinders doesnt make the difference. the displacement does, and as it is supossed to be a 4 liter engine- the 400 hp it makes is more than the NSXs specific output.

Miatamoto- the NSX was never the most powerful car in its class- not even close. it has always had far less power than almost all cars that are in its price range. under 300hp for almost 100K- WTF??? you can get a 300hp car now for under $35K. the car wasnt meant to be the most powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by RX7-2nr
    Miatamoto- the NSX was never the most powerful car in its class- not even close. it has always had far less power than almost all cars that are in its price range. under 300hp for almost 100K- WTF??? you can get a 300hp car now for under $35K. the car wasnt meant to be the most powerful.
    I agree that it was never intended to be the most powerful car on the market, but I'm just saying that most consumers look for certain things in cars these days.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

That new design is fugly and staying with tradition, underpowered for the motor they have now. I was never impressed with the NSX. The 1st gens looked okay, but not in a super car way but in a $15k sports car kinda way. Then you throw in the reject motor with less horsepower than a freakin base model pickup and you get a very disappointing overpriced Honda. Just my
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...