Thread: Texas Miata Roundup 2006 - Oct 20 thru Oct 22

Talking Texas Miata Roundup 2006 - Oct 20 thru Oct 22

Hey all, Have you heard of the Texas Miata Roundup? Well it is a 3 day event in Kerrville, TX. Miata's from all over the state (last year we had one man drive all the way from IL.) gather for this three day event. This event is being sponsered by the Bluebonnet Miata Club again for 2006. For those of you who missed it last year, now is your time to plan ahead for it. There will be lots of runs through the hill country area, lots of food and much companionship. Dont miss out on the fun. The YO Ranch hotel is offering a discounted rate of $83.00 per night. There are also other hotels/motels in the area. This event is to be held on Oct 20, 2006 thru Oct 22, 2006. Last year, we had over 100 people, just under 50 Miatas (Miatae), many runs to choose from, good food, great companionship and much, much more! Hope to see ya'll there.

'Til next time, keep on zoomin'

Virginia
    Member Bluebonnet Miata Club San Antonio Chapter
    My Paws

Quote Originally Posted by Lil' Red
    we had over 100 people, just under 50 Miatas
    With the Miata being a two seater these numbers seem strange. Were people riding down in the trunk?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Perhaps there were some OTMs involved?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    With the Miata being a two seater these numbers seem strange. Were people riding down in the trunk?
    We had some people bring Miatas and larger vehicles. Some individuals stayed at the hotel during runs, to make sure the rest of us were taken care of.

Virginia
    My Paws

Hey, Lil' Red, I attended the the meet in Kerrville in 2005 and was wondering, where are all the pictures that were taken. There was a guy that was taking pictures as people were arriving, plus the group pictures that were taken. I have been logging on to the Bluebonnet web site about every week and can't find any pictures in your "events" section. Am I looking in the wrong place.
    2007 Sport - Stormy Blue Mica - No mods yet

are there going to be "spirited runs?"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BAM!
    are there going to be "spirited runs?"
    Our wording has changed due to recent events. We no longer have "spirited runs", we have "cruises" and "runs for the more experienced drivers". However, that being said, we will have runs available for the more experienced drivers. Last year, the name for one of our runs was "Jimbos Roundup Rollercoaster". That run was !!!
    There will be runs for everyone. Our last run (Roadeo), even had the drivers blindfolded. Everyone had a blast and we are looking to do it again !

Virginia
    My Paws

Quote Originally Posted by don10ae
    Hey, Lil' Red, I attended the the meet in Kerrville in 2005 and was wondering, where are all the pictures that were taken. There was a guy that was taking pictures as people were arriving, plus the group pictures that were taken. I have been logging on to the Bluebonnet web site about every week and can't find any pictures in your "events" section. Am I looking in the wrong place.
    A DVD of the event was created. I will send a message to the Privetts to see how to get one for you. As for the events section, our webmaster is still trying to load them. I myself took 5 rolls. As soon as I can, I will upload my pictures to yahoo and post the link.

Virginia
    My Paws

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vmjs74.../ph//my_photos Click above to view some pictures from the 2005 Miata Roundup. I apologize for the quality of the pictures as they were damaged (beyond repair) when they were developed.

Virginia
    My Paws