Thread: My foot's out the door..

Default My foot's out the door..

Well I'm about to be activated for Iraq.

6 month train up and then in country for a year with a break half way through (maybe to Germany or Hawaii).

I was in the process of completing my flight packet, but that has been put on hold.

It's been fun guys and hope to turn the Miata into an AutoX/track car when I get back. I'll let y'all know if I am in Dallas before I leave.

On a different note...

Not to start a politically charged topic, I would like to state how I feel based on my unique point of view.

Politically and patriotically, I completely support the President and the Global War on Terror.

While many liberals question unendingly the reasons for going to war, the fact is we are there now. To leave Iraq before it is stabilized would be the easy way out. We have commited and have to follow through with that commitment. Futhermore, I think pulling out would be the equivalent to spitting on my fallen comrades' graves.

We have been in Korea, Germany, and Japan for a long time, I don't see how Iraq will be any different.

Thanks,
    Chris

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I totally disagree, but I won't get political. That said, God bless you and watch over you until you come home.

I totally disagree too... But I do support the troops. They are doing a job someone else told them to do.

God bless and here's to you coming home safe & sound!

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I totally agree with you.

God bless and protect you as you protect us.

If there is anything we can do back here, feel free to let us know.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Chris keep in touch as you have the chance.

We all appreciate what you are doing for us and wish you a safe tour. May God bless you and keep you and fellow soldiers safe.

As a Desert Storm veteran I know the apprehensions you must be feeling. Take care Chris and trust your own instincts when in country.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

While I definitely don't agree with the rationale that led us into this war, I do agree that we're already there, so we have an obligation to see the job through to the end.

May God watch over you and your comrades. Keep in touch, and come home safe!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

May God watch and protect you, Chris! If you need any (im)moral support, I'm sure we can find a way to help!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Thanks for for all the support guys. I'll keep everyone updated while I am still in the timezone.

I might even set up a deployment blog. Anyone know of any good sites to use?

Chris

Good luck to ya!! I have deep respect for anyone serving their country.

I have a whole different opinion about why the troops are over there, instead of staying in Afghanistan.

deja vu. I read this this morning on my alumni email list. Small world.

and the Son of God watch over you.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...