Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech Day, working on the car this Friday!

Exclamation Tech Day, working on the car this Friday!

I'll be working on the car this Friday, replacing the front hubs and possibly new tranny and diff fluids.

I live down in Mansfield and welcome anyone who wants to give a hand or just hang out. I've got air tools if you need them for something on your car.

PM me for the address and my phone number.

Thanks for looking.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Anybody?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

If i was not leaving town friday, I would attend. I need to do a few things to my car before the 18th.
    No more Miata

Id be up for it, but I have to work all night and day.

I'll be in meetings in Tampa all morning and a return flight in the afternoon...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I guess I picked the wrong day!

Thanks anyway guys. The work seems pretty straight forward so it shouldn't be a big deal.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I think you are running in to 2 problems...
    1. There are a lot of M-F 9-5'ers around here.
    2. Mansfield? Is that even part of the metroplex? I think some of us are closer to Oklahoma then Mansfield!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I think you are running in to 2 problems...
    1. There are a lot of M-F 9-5'ers around here.
    2. Mansfield? Is that even part of the metroplex? I think some of us are closer to Oklahoma then Mansfield!
    Why is it you can't drive a few miles? The westsider's do it all the time. Don't you have AAA?
    Saturday would be a better day. We don't all work 9-5. Some of us work nights. Wish I could make it. What time will you be there?
    Last edited by riverracer; 02-07-2006 at 09:29 AM.
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

I'm on a 9-80. I get every other Friday off and I've seen a lot of people on this forum that are either in school or are not on traditional work schedules.

Friday's the only free day I've got so that's when I'll be doing it. I'll be at the house most of the day, unless everything goes quickly.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    Why is it you can't drive a few miles? The westsider's do it all the time. Don't you have AAA?
    Saturday would be a better day. We don't all work 9-5. Some of us work nights. Wish I could make it.
    I wish there were an unlimited number of hours in the day that allowed me to participate in lots of different activities, but that isn't the case. My time is precious to me, and I have to consider the balance between family, responsibilities, friends, and fun. Spending 2 hours driving time (and not the fun twisty kind) to spend 3 hours working on cars is hard for me to justify. I would rather spend 3 hours working in my own garage and spend the other 2 hours hanging out with the family. I tend to draw the line at around a 30 miles radius for a half day event... Events in places like Arlington, Euless, and Frisco fit the bill, but Mansfield is just a little too far for me.

I would have been up the creek way too many times if I didn't have AAA.

I know that not everyone is a 9-5'er... thats why I said "a lot" instead of "all".

Wish I could be there, cause I've got a roll bar to install. But unforunatly I've got to work this friday and sat. I'm off next sat though.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Sorry, have to work.

Events in places like Arlington, Euless, and Frisco fit the bill, but Mansfield is just a little too far for me.
    How far do you think Mansfield is from Arlington? You know they border each other.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    How far do you think Mansfield is from Arlington? You know they border each other.
    psssttt..he's from the Left Coast.

Mansfield is just a little too far for me.
    I understand your problem....Have you really ever been to Arlington?

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    Honestly, I have only been there once, and I don't really recall how long it took. I was just going by the fact that it takes me 35-40 minutes to get to Onething's house in Arlington, and Google Maps estimates 64 minutes to Mansfield. Google Maps estimates it as a 24 minute drive from Arlington to Mansfield. I didn't realize that the cities border each other, so I guess a simple city name doesn't give me enough info. I know people are often confused to hear I live in Dallas, even though I am a lot closer to Frisco than downtown Dallas.

It wouldn't really matter if you lived a mile from me, as I am a 9-5'er, and the Miata isn't even running at the moment.

I wish I could be there, but it just isn't in the cards for me!

I understand your problem....Have you really ever been to Arlington?
    3 times, which is more than I can say about any city west of the mid-cites and not in California!

Thread drift on....
    What's wrong with your car Titus?
    Thread drift off...

Thread drift on....
    What's wrong with your car Titus?
    Thread drift off...
    I have been having cold idle issues for a while, and I have ran through a dozen different tests and part swaps. Saturday, it occurred to me that the AFM was the only thing in the air patch that hadn't been tested or swapped, and it has a Jackson Racing Black Box wired into it add a little extra fuel for the supercharger. I spent a few hours Sunday morning removing the Black Box, removing/cleaning the AFM, and putting it all back together without the black box. Started it up and found that the cold idle was unchanged, but it no longer improves as it warms up. Then I got an AFM CEL when I tried to drive it. I need to re-check the wiring and clean the connector to see if that helps. If not, I will be borrowing the known good AFM from the BUR to test on it before I go buy a new one.

I would be there if it were on a Sunday.(my only free day) on the weekend
    99 Miata Black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast