Thread: Route to Atlanta

Default Route to Atlanta

I'm thinking of making a trek to Hotlanta in a month or so. Anyone made that drive from the DFW area? I'd love to know of something to distract me from 500+ miles of blah on I-20. Or even better, If you'd like to caravan to Texarkana or nearby areas, let me know! Company always makes a long drive seem easier.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

It's really not that bad of a drive. My folks live in Birmingham, which is only about 2 1/2 hours from Atlanta. I can be in B'ham in around 11 hours without really pushing it. Just watch out for the LA state troupers... they hunt in packs...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Why would you want to go by way of Texarkana? That's more boring than I-20 and then you have to go thru Arkansas! Just take I-20 and drive fast. You'll be there before you know it!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Hey juxt3r they have these new deals where you get in and they close the door and next thing ya know you are where you want to be! Found a picture of one, not sure they will catch on but them seem like a good alternative!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Hey juxt3r they have these new deals where you get in and they close the door and next thing ya know you are where you want to be! Found a picture of one, not sure they will catch on but them seem like a good alternative!
    Seems like I've read about these in Popular Mechanics or something. If you hear more, let me know.
    Haven't been a huge fan of driving 11+ straight hours since college. Kidneys bulge and I tend to see pink elephants on the road...though it would be great top-down time.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Next time you see those pink elephants, take some pictures! I've laways wanted one!!!!!!!!!!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Haven't been a huge fan of driving 11+ straight hours since college. Kidneys bulge and I tend to see pink elephants on the road...though it would be great top-down time.
    I don't think taking the top off of an airplane flew over too well with passengers. The last time a Hawaiian airline did it they lost a stewardess.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Chassis Designer

Driven that road lot's of times, (I-20 that is... Texarkana is WAY out of the way). Once you get to Mississippi, it's not a bad drive. The roads are not so straight and flat. Once you get to Alabama, there are a few real curves.
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list