Thread: Silly or Sexy? Weineck Cobra 780CUI Limited Edition

Question Silly or Sexy? Weineck Cobra 780CUI Limited Edition

I generally dig Cobras but...

The German tuning company has not released 0-100km/h performance numbers because apparently they are not relevant. Instead, the Weineck Cobra 780CUI will rocket from 0-200km/h in 4.9 seconds, and does the 0-300km/h dash in 10 seconds flat.

The 12.9-litre V8 engine can rev to 8000rpm, developing peak power of 809kW or 1100hp @ 7000rpm, which would be enough energy to power a small village in Iceland.

Torque levels for the old-school engine are even more stunning - 1760Nm @ 5600rpm.

Maybe if it didn't have that Hideous hood scoop.
    No more Miata

0-200km/h in 4.9 seconds
    0 - 124 MPH in 4.9 seconds?

That's insane.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by jolberry
    Maybe if it didn't have that Hideous hood scoop.
    +1

Not liking the scoop, but performance wise, that's pretty sick.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Lose the scoop, and I like it. Its a killer paint job.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

You better hope there are no right turns, 'cause you will never see them......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

So why does it have 427 on the fender, and 780cui on teh hood... Seems dumb?

Not to mention.. that thing has to be a bitch & a half to drive...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    So why does it have 427 on the fender, and 780cui on teh hood... Seems dumb?
    427 Block....
    bored I'm sure...
    Big scoop or not you guys would take one in a heart beat if they were givin them away
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv

They know it can't turn since its based on an American design so they said nuts to it and slapped that big honkin' scoop on it

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    Big scoop or not you guys would take one in a heart beat if they were givin them away

SO I could sell it to finance my Wiesmann or Tommy Kaira ZZII..... now THOSE are cars

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Not a problem... every drag strip I have ever been to featured left turns in and out of the strip. I can't imagine this car will be much good for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolix
    They know it can't turn since its based on an American design so they said nuts to it and slapped that big honkin' scoop on it
    Funny you should say that, since the original Shelby Cobra was a British car (an AC Ace), with a Ford V8 stuffed under the hood.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Funny you should say that, since the original Shelby Cobra was a British car (an AC Ace), with a Ford V8 stuffed under the hood.
    I was thinking the same thing... I wonder, too, if it wouldn't be reasonable to have the 427 badge on it since the later Shelbys with the 427 had a significantly different body design that the original 289s. One could theoretially call it the "427 Cobra body design."

In fact, I snagged a ride in a vintage racing Cobra in the early 90s (while working an SCCA race at Ardmore, OK), and it was refered to as a "427-style body" even though it had a 302.

C

Well I guess that explains why I don't hate them outright

Kids these days...
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Kids these days...
    Yeah, they probably don't even know where the lyric in your sig is from...
    Iain

I said I'm charming and dashing I'm rental car bashing...

Psh...

They can't catch me never gonna find me
    They're never gonna know that I'm the High Plains Drifter

<3 Beastie Boys lol

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    In fact, I snagged a ride in a vintage racing Cobra in the early 90s (while working an SCCA race at Ardmore, OK), and it was refered to as a "427-style body" even though it had a 302.

C
    Ya, there is a very noticable visual difference between the 289 Ace and the 427 SC. I personally like the 289 AC Ace design better, not as muscular but has that classic flow to it where as the 427 is obviously pumped up by American muscle.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...