Thread: Well, impromptu doesn't work...

Default Well, impromptu doesn't work...

... so how about a week's notice?

I will be at
    H ters in Frisco (on Preston about a mile north of 121) next Thursday (08JUL2004). I plan to get there at about 6:00pm, which is a little too late (the place fills up pretty fast), but as early as I can expect to get away from work.

I'm jonesing for some wings, and "Miata talk"... I hope you'll join me!

Well let me see if I can schedule myself over to that side of town on Thursday!

I'm going to be flushing brakes on a 2500 series Dodge next Thursday in the general vicinity... I'll give you guys a buzz and see if I can catch you (or the "auto show" afterwards...)

how is 6pm too late? What goes on Thursday's that I'm missing???
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    how is 6pm too late? What goes on Thursday's that I'm missing???
    Yer not missing anything... I've just got a hankering for some wings, and I'm going to H ters in Frisco (on Preston, about a mile north of 121) tomorrow evening to take care of the urge (for the wings... really ). Anyone who wants to join me is welcome! It doesn't sound like we've got much interest, but that's no big deal... I'm going to be there regardless. :)

6:00pm sounds about right. It is a little late -- the place fills up fast, particularly on Thursday, Friday and Saturday -- but I can't get off work in time to make it any earlier.

There is a "car thing" at a restaurant near the Frisco Ballpark every Thursday evening. I've never been, but apparently it's just a bunch of cool [classic?] cars that everyone "oh's and ah's" over. We could get some wings at
    H ters and then head over there to check it out. But then I 'spoz you have to ask yourself "H ters girls or cool cars...H ters girls or cool cars..."

I'd love to join you, but it's on the other side of the world, (locally known as the Metroplex) But who knows, maybe I can make it, we will see.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    I'd love to join you, but it's on the other side of the world, (locally known as the Metroplex) But who knows, maybe I can make it, we will see.
    There is that H ters in S. Arl. that serves the FREEE BEEER. Maybe the folks from OK. could visit down here sometime....

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    Maybe the folks from OK. could visit down here sometime....
    If you had made and appearance on Monday in Ft. Worth joe.MIATA I'd bet you would have been quite surprised by the number of folks from Frisco / Plano that came to see us!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    Maybe the folks from OK. could visit down here sometime....
    If you had made and appearance on Monday in Ft. Worth joe.MIATA I'd bet you would have been quite surprised by the number of folks from Frisco / Plano that came to see us!
    Hey, I was out of town. I do, however, plan on attending some of these GTG's- they sound like fun.

WARNING!

I don't think anyone (besides me) is coming out to
    H ters tonight, but it's 5:03pm and I've got another hour's worth of work to do. Then I need to go home and feed and walk the dog before I get to go have wings, so it looks like I won't be there until nearly 7:00pm...

Sorry dude, I'm still way SouthWest down here in Mansfield. I won't be making it. but if it helps I went to the S.Arlington H ters today for lunch.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Yeah...

And I had 2 days of offsite meetings w/NO internet access... followed by a day trip to Midland/Odessa... So no H ters for me.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Sorry I missed it... We didn't get done bleeding brakes (amazing how much air one finds in 5 year old fluid in a 2500 series truck that's spent time pulling a 10,000 pound trailer) until after 9:00 and wound up eating at Whataburger...

Chassis Designer

well, tonights the first night i've found (or looked for) this site so obviously i missed this particular gathering, but i wouldn't mind meeting a couple of miata people that actually drive them unlike all the miata owners where i live now. maybe i'll be able to come up and meet you guys next time.
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

Quote Originally Posted by bio243
    ... but i wouldn't mind meeting a couple of miata people that actually drive them unlike all the miata owners where i live now...
    Welcome to the forum, bio243! I'm guessing by your post that you are looking for some folks that enjoy the performance aspect of sports car ownership. If that's true, you've come to the right place! Now we don't condone street racing, but we do know where the gas pedal is. And we like to use it a lot... at autocrosses and track days.

Speaking of autocross, there is a race this coming weekend in Mineral Wells -- come on out and meet the "gang"! We're a friendly bunch, and we are always happy to get someone else addicted to our hobby.

Chassis Designer

can't make this weekend or next because i've got company coming but i should be free after that...and for the time being (till i get a job) i'm free during the week
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.