Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TX Region SCCA Event #1 (3/19/2006)

Looks like sloppy fun!

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    So who is racing the NC, and why aren't they on our board?

I wasnt there for the test-n-tune, so I don't know, but I would like to know.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Default Results and Comments

Thanks for the good words, guys. We did our best with what we had... it was a heck of a day.

I'm really impressed with the turn-out considering the conditions, and I'm even more impressed that we didn't have to DSQ anyone for not showing up for their work assignment. That says a lot about the Solo community.

I just emailed generaldefault the results, I'm sure he'll have them up soon.

For those of you who ran the shortened 2nd heat - we were able to use the runs that we had, so the event will be official and count toward the season points chase.

1st heat had the opportunity to complete all 5 runs, but 2nd heat only had the chance to get 3 in before the lightning shut us down. Because we run in class order, we can use 5 for those in 1st heat and 3 for 2nd heat. This isn't my favorite way to do it, but I think it's the best option for the circumstances.

I'll save the trash talking for you guys once they're posted, but I will say that POS had a good day...

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7
    Thanks for the good words, guys. We did our best with what we had... it was a heck of a day.

I'm really impressed with the turn-out considering the conditions, and I'm even more impressed that we didn't have to DSQ anyone for not showing up for their work assignment. That says a lot about the Solo community.

I just emailed generaldefault the results, I'm sure he'll have them up soon.

For those of you who ran the shortened 2nd heat - we were able to use the runs that we had, so the event will be official and count toward the season points chase.

1st heat had the opportunity to complete all 5 runs, but 2nd heat only had the chance to get 3 in before the lightning shut us down. Because we run in class order, we can use 5 for those in 1st heat and 3 for 2nd heat. This isn't my favorite way to do it, but I think it's the best option for the circumstances.

I'll save the trash talking for you guys once they're posted, but I will say that POS had a good day...
    Thanks for the updates Matt. My hats off to everyone that made the event run smoothly.

Now where's my cone magnet?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

You'll have to make an appearance at the April 2nd event to pick it up....

- OR -

You could swing by my house on Saturday while Phil and I are wringing the excess water out of the trailer.

Of course there's a chance that we may enlist your help if you show up....

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65
    Results posted. Hey, congratulations POS!
    Where are Mr. Baker's times for CS???

Woohoo! Seventh of eight in Tire class! That's gotta be my most ignomious finish in years. Remind me never to drive that car again until we've done some prep work to it.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Where are Mr. Baker's times for CS???
    I noticed that as well.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hey Onething beat Altiain!

Yea Onething! My Hero!!!

You'll have to make an appearance at the April 2nd event to pick it up....

- OR -

You could swing by my house on Saturday while Phil and I are wringing the excess water out of the trailer.

Of course there's a chance that we may enlist your help if you show up....
    Crap, I have so much going on Saturday. But I'll see what I can do.

Why no pax scores? I can't believe I got beat by a honda in the rain. Damn you Todd!
    Borrowed 1M

Jeremy Foley

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Hey Onething beat Altiain!

Yea Onething! My Hero!!!
    and blackzx3_13 beat onething

At least altiain had the good manners not to embarrass his host. I believe blackzx3_13 is looking for a ride now.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    I believe blackzx3_13 is looking for a ride now.
    Heck he has been telling us for months and months he is going to get his own Miata!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I bet it never happens...

Mabye I can co-drive with lugnutjon since altiain doesnt want to any more. I didn't beat onething by that much.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
    Crap, I have so much going on Saturday. But I'll see what I can do.

Why no pax scores? I can't believe I got beat by a honda in the rain. Damn you Todd!
    Patience Grasshopper, patience. Phil had to do some serious checking of the numbers just to get this far. He's had a really busy week at work, and the condition of the audit sheets didn't help any either. He said he had to hang them in the garage to dry them out before he could do anything with them. Now that they're entered and audited I'm sure it won't be a long wait for the PAX times.

I'll have him look into Mr Baker's AWOL times... Tommy Saunders has a missing time too.

Many people don't know, but we weren't able to use the automated link between the timer and the computer. Inconsistent power issues from the generator kept the computers up and down all day. Phil sat in the trailer for the whole first heat keying in the numbers as the timing folks wrote them down. Tim Boesche did the same thing second heat. It was a real drag, and my hat is off to those two guys for doing that to keep the event moving. Without their efforts we would've probably had a 3 run day for first heat and who knows how many unable to run in 2nd.

Fixing the power issues is our first order of business on Saturday. I was only giving you a hard time about coming over, but of course anyone who wants to come over and help (or just come over and make fun of me and Phil while we're trying to figure it out) is more than welcome.

Patience Grasshopper, patience. Phil had to do some serious checking of the numbers just to get this far. He's had a really busy week at work, and the condition of the audit sheets didn't help any either. He said he had to hang them in the garage to dry them out before he could do anything with them. Now that they're entered and audited I'm sure it won't be a long wait for the PAX times.

I'll have him look into Mr Baker's AWOL times... Tommy Saunders has a missing time too.

Many people don't know, but we weren't able to use the automated link between the timer and the computer. Inconsistent power issues from the generator kept the computers up and down all day. Phil sat in the trailer for the whole first heat keying in the numbers as the timing folks wrote them down. Tim Boesche did the same thing second heat. It was a real drag, and my hat is off to those two guys for doing that to keep the event moving. Without their efforts we would've probably had a 3 run day for first heat and who knows how many unable to run in 2nd.

Fixing the power issues is our first order of business on Saturday. I was only giving you a hard time about coming over, but of course anyone who wants to come over and help (or just come over and make fun of me and Phil while we're trying to figure it out) is more than welcome.
    Well I had no idea. They defintely deserve a raise!

And I'd be happy to come over and make fun of you guys!
    Borrowed 1M

Jeremy Foley

Chassis Designer

Not sure what to think about those SS results.
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis
    Not sure what to think about those SS results.
    Borrowed 1M

Jeremy Foley

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
    I understand the circumstances of the day but, after all that, I have only TWO runs showing up for the the day. And they were consistently a good bit faster than the 1st place finisher. Just a little odd that's all.
    Last edited by Clovis; 03-24-2006 at 04:14 PM.
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123