Thread: Are you ready to evolve? March 25-26

Default Are you ready to evolve? March 25-26

Equipe Rapide Sport Car Club is hosting the Evolution Performance Driving Schools at Mineral Wells on March 25 & 26, but we are short on students. If you're interested, you need to get in touch with Gerry now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Terranova
    I have been a student in each of the Evolution schools and feel they are by far the best autocross schools available. Not only did they help me to win a couple of National Championships, but they also helped over half the National Champions and trophy winners each of the last 5 years.

This year we are offering Phase 1, Phase 2, Challenge and Dial In schools. (Phase 3 is not being offered and Friday schools will not happen unless we get 10 students who want Friday.)
    For more details, look at:

http://autocross.com/er/2006evolution.pdf

or contact Gerry Terranova at:

[email protected] (Note: I'll be out of town from March 3 to March 11, but I'll respond to email when I return.)

or call Gerry at 972-523-7577 at anytime.
    Last edited by tailchaser; 03-02-2006 at 01:18 PM.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Not only did they help me to win a couple of National Championships, but they also helped over half the National Champions and trophy winners each of the last 5 years.
    When did you win a National Championship?
    No more Miata

Quote Originally Posted by jolberry
    When did you win a National Championship?
    Nice one, funny guy... Mr. T was HS champion in 2000 & 2001 if memory serves.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Mineral Wells is going to be busy on the 26th. Daily drift is holding a drift event that day.

I really need to do phase 2 of evolution some time but it's a lot of money.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I signed up for the Dial-In.....hope it makes this year.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I have signed up for phase 2 and challenge. I also hope they make. I believe it is money well spent, if you want to get quicker.

I'd like to evolve, but I'd also like to go to Arkansas. I can do one or the other but not both......

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I'd like to evolve, but I'd also like to go to Arkansas. I can do one or the other but not both......
    Neither Jon nor I have ever done an Evo school, and we're both still faster than you...

Come to Arkansas! It'll be a lot of fun! Trust me, you'll learn almost as much running against that level of competition as you will at an Evo school!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    BTW POS, you are aware that Ann & Andy Hollis will be leading the first of the SCCA National Tour "cone clinics" at Walnut Ridge, right? For $50 you'll get a concentrated "refresher course" the Friday morning of the Tour.

There are still spots available. Go to DLB Racing and look for the link on Friday, March 31st to sign up.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

So which of you cone smacking punks went?? How was it??

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Onething and I went today to phase 2. Ann Hollis and Neal Bellamy were the instructors. There were no timers set up. We worked on techniques not times. I think it was great and I learned several things I was doing wrong. I hope I can remember the correct techniques when I get to an autocross.

Onething and I even switched cars for some fun runs after the school. Those rear wheel drive cars are hard to drive, but great FUN.

I did the challenge yesterday. Andy Hollis was my instructor. In the challenge part I got within 0.15 sec. of Andy. I am very happy that I got that close.