Thread: Bad Weather

Default Bad Weather

Just got home from work, and I'm glad I made it safe. While at work, we had 3 funnel clouds reported within 5 miles of Target in Sherman, and a confirmed touchdown. We had to take shelter in the back of the store twice! Then we had hail (golfball size), followed by a flash flood warning. It was a scary ride home. Anybody else get anything?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    ...confirmed touchdown.
    6 points!

But seriously, up here in southern Oklahoma (aka Frisco) we've been seeing one helluva light storm but no payoff... perhaps it's yet to come.

I was a bit further north than that, when I got home there was a tornado in Howe. I think most of it is north of me though.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I think you can consider me in Canada as far north as I am.

NOAA has a great radar page on the web if you want to see where the storms are. They just updated it with major highways & topographical info.

They also have the 7 day weather forcast listed. You can type in any city/state to see what the forcast is there too. I use this quite a bit since I travel for work.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    Then we had hail (golfball size), followed by a flash flood warning. It was a scary ride home.
    How did the Focus do through the hail? Any chance you finally have a buyer (ie the Insurance Co)?

Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    How did the Focus do through the hail? Any chance you finally have a buyer (ie the Insurance Co)?
    Just a couple little dinky dents on my hood.