Thread: PCA's rules and regulations

Default PCA's rules and regulations

Quote Originally Posted by POS
    Moderator Moment, I split out the stuff about the PCA to its very own post.

Thank you please drive thru......

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla
    Wooooohooooooo!!! I've only done the PCA events and had to have the top up.
    Ohhhhhh... don't get me started, right altiain?

As far as I know, all local area groups except PCA* allow you to run Solo II / Autocross events with the top down even without a rollbar… at least I am sure that SCCA, Equipe Rapide, and the North Texas S2000 Owners Club allow top-down, rollbar free autocrossing. So don't let the "running top up is so much safer" crowd at PCA dissuade you from coming out to enjoy an ER, SCCA and/or NTS2KOC event.

-------------------------------------------

* To bad too... I understand PCA puts on fantastic events! But I've never driven at one 'cuz of the "top up rule".

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    So don't let the "running top up is so much safer" crowd at PCA dissuade you from coming out to enjoy an ER, SCCA and/or NTS2KOC event.
    Didn't we have this discussion yesterday? I thought we agreed that 1/8" cloth top contains magical safety properties!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    So don't let the "running top up is so much safer" crowd at PCA dissuade you from coming out to enjoy an ER, SCCA and/or NTS2KOC event.
    Didn't we have this discussion yesterday? I thought we agreed that 1/8" cloth top contains magical safety properties!
    Yes we did, and I was sooooo hopeful we wouldn't have to have our weekly rehashing of this very tired subject!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Yes we did, and I was sooooo hopeful we wouldn't have to have our weekly rehashing of this very tired subject!
    No hashing, or rehashing... just a quick mention, 'cuz I have to keep picking at that scab.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    POS, You attended a more recent PCA event....how was the top-up rule for you? I didn't think it bothered you too much? KESTREL should try one....

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    POS, You attended a more recent PCA event....how was the top-up rule for you? I didn't think it bothered you too much? KESTREL should try one....
    I was at the last PCA event. If I can fit with a helmet and top-up, I'm fairly sure Kestrel can too. It's still his prerogative to try (or not).

I did enjoy it!

But running with my hardtop was OK, my preference is to run with top down, otherwise I would have purchased a NA Toyota MR2 long ago since it is the car to have in my class (ES) in SCCA or ER.

I did enjoy it!

But running with my hardtop was OK, my preference is to run with top down, otherwise I would have purchased and Toyota MR2 long ago since it is the car to have in my class (ES) in SCCA or ER.
    O.

Wow! I didn't realize what a nerve I hit when I asked about "top up" / "top down". I have enjoyed all my (three) top up events so I'm sure I'll really enjoy the top down events!

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla
    Wow! I didn't realize what a nerve I hit when I asked about "top up" / "top down". I have enjoyed all my (three) top up events so I'm sure I'll really enjoy the top down events!
    No problem, Kestrel just gets his lederhosen in a wad when the PCA’s top up rule is mentioned!