Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azenis RT215/RT615 , Toyo RA-1---WTF??

Angry Azenis RT215/RT615 , Toyo RA-1---WTF??

I am having a really difficult time locating 4 new tires. Any one of these 3 tires would be great but I can't seem to find them in the DFW area. Can somebody please help?

I really like the RT215 , but since they seem to be on a nation wide back order I will settle for the other 2 choices.

HELP! I am trying to get it out to Motorsport Ranch in the next few weeks.
    If you cant race it, why buy it?

Honda 650XR SuperMotard
    Suzuki GSXR 1000

The 215's are discontinued I believe. Replaced by the 615
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Azenis 215 are reportedly discontinued, so you might check eBay if you must have those.

Also, PM sent.

Hav eyou tried Discount tire? The web site says they are avialable for delivery at a local store in 1 to 2 days. for the 615 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk
    Hav eyou tried Discount tire? The web site says they are avialable for delivery at a local store in 1 to 2 days. for the 615 anyway.
    I ordered my 615s (and 215s before that) from https://www.discounttiredirect.com and they shipped them to my door in a few days. Shipping is free.

What size are you looking for?

Like others have said, the RT215 is discontinued so you'll have a hard time finding it. Discount tire is your best bet to get RT615s in a short period of time.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Discount tire told me 10 days.
    If you cant race it, why buy it?

Honda 650XR SuperMotard
    Suzuki GSXR 1000

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Crain
    Try tires.com (Discount Tire internet site)

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Crain
    I ordered my recent set of RT615s from Edge Racing. Had 'em on my doorstep in a few days (even with UPS trying to deliver them to my neighbor), and much better prices than Discount Tire.

Heck, I'd order from Edge Racing even if they were more expensive than Discount. Discount sucks nuts.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Discount sucks nuts.
    I agree!

The problem with DiscountTire Direct is they have a warehouse here so they need to charge tax. I have heard that if you call them, some of the operators will ship you tires from there Arizona warehouse so you don't get charged tax. The used to do this a lot, but I am not sure if they will now that they have raised there tire prices in order to offer free shipping. Now that they would be eating the differences in shipping fees, they may be less inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Here's a second vote for EdgeRacing.com!
    and a third vote!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

You can get Discount tire to match the Discount tire direct web prices, which are within a few dollars of Edge Racing. The difference is that you don't have to pay for sales tax on stuff from Edge.

I've ordered from Edge Racing twice and never had a problem. They just don't usually ship the same day you order, that's why I suggested Discount.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

When you guys mail order your tires, who do you get to mount/balance them? When I was pricing tires for the truck, they (DT) were going to charge me "just enough" to mount and balance the mail order tires to offset the price difference and thus, said their price was "equivalent".

Apparently, if I bought them there, I got a discount on the mount and balance.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04
    When you guys mail order your tires, who do you get to mount/balance them? When I was pricing tires for the truck, they (DT) were going to charge me "just enough" to mount and balance the mail order tires to offset the price difference and thus, said their price was "equivalent".

I plan on taking mine to Bam.

We have a good price for this group at discount. Let Sammm know he has the info for it. I think it was around 8 each for carry in tires and 5 for tires I bought at discount.

The closest place that doesn't speak English. Actually there is a little shop near my work called 3 bear. I just took my V710s there about a month ago and had them mounted for $20 (another $10 if you want them balanced). They're usually not busy and are always really happy to see what kind of wheels and tires I've got for them to play with. No wait! Unlike Discount.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

When you guys mail order your tires, who do you get to mount/balance them?
    Kinney's Tire & Auto
    8109 W. Bedford Euless Road
    Hurst, TX 76053
    817-284-5517

Ask for the DFWMiata.com discount. Should be $50 to mount and balance a set. Maybe not the absolute cheapest price you'll find, but they do a better job than the Hunter Road Force machine at my local Discount Tire, and they can mount up R comps at the same price.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Iain, do you balance your R-comps?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast