Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LINK ECU Installation and Tuning

Default LINK ECU Installation and Tuning

Well, I took the plunge and ordered a LINK ECU and a set of 440 injectors. I should receive it Monday, and I have all week off to work on it.

If you are available at all during the day next week, have experience with the LINK, and feel like helping me figure this thing out, let me know.

If you have a wide-band O2 that will work with the LINK that you are willing to loan out, let me know. It would be worth a BIG favor.

I could help you, but not during the week, sorry. Weekend thou...
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    I could help you, but not during the week, sorry. Weekend thou...
    Hey... That's usually my answer!

I didn't really expect many people to be able to help with the time I will be ding it. I took the week off to do the install and work out the bugs... I wanted plenty of time and I wanted to be working at a time that I knew FM would answer the phones. I figured I was probably better off with FM on the phone than a bunch of NA guys standing around and pointing at the SC with confused looks on their faces.

Titus,

I am pretty good on the link. Is it the 1.6 or the 1.8? My wideband is integrated to the LINK.

I am swamped for time right now. But I can be available to compare maps. Get the latest download from Flyin and you will be pretty close.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

By the way,

If you can run a duel setup of WB and NB that's the best to tune in boose and out of boost.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

OH and one more thing -- Make your wire splices 8" out of the harness, give yourself plent of wire to work with.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

1.6. I will be running it with my intercooled JR Supercharger, so I don't know how much your maps will help, but thanks for the offer. I hope to add an integrated wideband at a later date, but my budget couldn't handle it from the beginning. Are you running the LC-1, or the AEM?

AEM - My electronics are running funky, so I cannot endorse or disparage the AEM. I do know FM has more experience with the AEM. You may need to compensate the 400,500,600 bands for the SC instead of the 12psi turbo. What is your boost pressure in the SC?
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    AEM - My electronics are running funky, so I cannot endorse or disparage the AEM. I do know FM has more experience with the AEM. You may need to compensate the 400,500,600 bands for the SC instead of the 12psi turbo. What is your boost pressure in the SC?
    right now I am seeing about 7 lbs, but I plan to take up to 9 or 10 once I get the Link running good.

OK, then you'll need all three rows for 10 Lbs.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Keith Tanner will be arriving at MSR tonight. He left my dads house this morning. I plan on going out there to watch the 7's and NASA races tomorrow.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Default Update

Everything arrived yesterday afternoon, and I have been busy since!

Whats done:
    • Removed the AFPR that came with the Jackson Racing Kit... Don't need that anymore!
    • Removed the AFM and Jackson Racing Air intake... Don't need that anymore!
    • Installed the new intake kit from TDR.
    • Removed the Jackson Racing electronics that override the AFM signal to the stock ECU... Don't need that anymore!
    • Removed the Stock ECU... Don't need that anymore!
    • Installed the LINK ECU into the stock ECU case and re-installed the car.
    • Moved 4 wires in the ECU plug from one spot to another.
    • Ran a new ground from the ECU to the engine.
    • Ran a WB02 wire from the ECU to the glovebox for future use.
    • Ran new wires from ECU to fuel rail that will allow convert to Sequential Fuel Injection.
    • Ran a wire from the ECO to the engine bay that is supposed to allow me to run fans in parallel.
    Whats Left:
    • Install an Air Temperature Sensor in the dummy throttle body.
    • Install my new RC440 injectors.
    • Install the new MAP sensor in place of the AFM.
    • Install the knock sensors.
    • Tune, Tune, Tune
    If any one is interested in coming by, I could use the company and plan on working till around 5pm. PM me!

Default Another update

I installed the MAP Sensor and the 440 injectors, and I am about 2/3 of the way through the Air Temp sensor install. I will finish the temp sensor and put the knock sensor in in the morning before firing it up and tuning. If anyone is interested, the fun begins at 8am.

Good luck on the tuning, I've heard that the link is a PITA to tune a S/C'ed car right.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot
    Good luck on the tuning, I've heard that the link is a PITA to tune a S/C'ed car right.
    FM is sending me the map of another intercooled M45 that they tuned so at least I will have a decent base map to start from.

Well.... (why do I find it necessary to start each post with Well... )

I finished getting everything in and turned the key to the one position.... Fuel leak! One of the injectors wasn't seated properly, but a short 45 minutes later , I had removed and re-seated the fuel rail. No leak!

Next cam some reading of the tuning manual and about 20 minutes figuring out how to tell the keypad that I am running a supercharger with 440 injectors wired for Sequential Fuel Injection... Check. After this, I looked at a few screens to confirm that the air and coolant temperature sensors where reading correctly... Check. Finally a check of the MAP sensor reading to confirm the MAP is installed correctly... check.

Time to try to turn it over. It started! While a little high, the idle was smoother than it has been in a long time! I only let it run for a short time, as now I need download the MAP to send to FM for them to load new the M45 defaults. Then comes setting the timing and idle! Can you believe I actually pumped a fist in the air and yelled Yeah! when it started... I guess 11 hours in the garage will do that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Well.... (why do I find it necessary to start each post with Well... )
    You only did it one other time in this thread... and maybe it is easy for you to type well with your thumbs?

Congrats on getting the car running!

OK... ( better than Well...? )

I loaded the M45 map from FM, set the timing and idle, and went for a drive. IT seems A LOT stronger! I have a few little tuning bugs to work out but I am amazed at how good out of the box it is. I swear it runs better out of the box than the JR fuel tricks ever did. My idle droop is GONE. My cold start idle hunting is GONE.
    Woo Hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    OK... ( better than Well...? )

I loaded the M45 map from FM, set the timing and idle, and went for a drive. IT seems A LOT stronger! I have a few little tuning bugs to work out but I am amazed at how good out of the box it is. I swear it runs better out of the box than the JR fuel tricks ever did. My idle droop is GONE. My cold start idle hunting is GONE.
    Woo Hoo!
    Sweet! Did it help the brakes much?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast