Thread: I want to work for VW

Default I want to work for VW

As part of its reorganization plans, Volkswagen is considering increasing its employees' work hours. Reuters reports that management has requested the VW work council to consider gradually phasing back the 35-hour work week among its members. Currently employees work a standard 28.8-hour work week

S.

Wanna come to Mexico?

Std week here is 48hrs... (and if I recall... most of the VWs that the US gets are from Mexico...)

those are pretty std hours for germany I think...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

I co-op'd with Bosch when I was in college and yes the Germans worked a 35 hr. work week. They also made 50% higher salaries than their American counterparts (even if they were working in the US, if they started in Germany). Finally, just to rub it in, they started with 6 weeks of vacation a year!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

And just to add insult to injury... when the company gets itself in some financial trouble, the courts in Europe make it difficult to lay them off... whereas it's REAL easy to let the American's go. Not that I'm bitter about this... not at all....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    I co-op'd with Bosch when I was in college and yes the Germans worked a 35 hr. work week. They also made 50% higher salaries than their American counterparts (even if they were working in the US, if they started in Germany). Finally, just to rub it in, they started with 6 weeks of vacation a year!
    Well, they also pay almost half of their check in taxes. Plus, have you ever tried to get into see a doctor in a socialized medical system? It could take awhile...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Well, they also pay almost half of their check in taxes. Plus, have you ever tried to get into see a doctor in a socialized medical system? It could take awhile...
    Actually when I was visiting New Zealand I broke my collar bone. Saw doctors quickly, got great medical help and their socialized medical system even paid for physical therapy when I was there. Never paid a penny!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    But have you ever driven on their roads?
    :)