Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ProSolo National Series - 5/20/2006 - 5/21/2006 Mineral Wells

Exclamation ProSolo National Series - 5/20/2006 - 5/21/2006 Mineral Wells

The SCCA ProSolo Series is headed to Mineral Wells! So who all is going?? Should be a ton of fun!
    SCCA ProSolo combines the excitement of drag racing and the skill of Solo on side-by-side, mirror-image autocross courses. Lining up at the familiar “Christmas Tree” start, drivers compete heads-up in various classes by combining their fastest times from each course. After class competition is completed, all ProSolo events feature the top drivers from each class, competing head-to-head in a variety of single- elimination, handicapped Challenges. The Hawk Super Challenge determines the Top Eliminator for the event, the Ladies Challenge draws from the two Ladies classes, the Honda Street Challenge draws from the six "Street" classes, and the Bonus Challenge is for those who have not qualified for one of the other challenges.
    Link for more information!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I'm planning to, but I have not entered yet.

I want another shot at Jacobs and Sharp!

I'll be there, but I'm not sure what class I'll be in yet.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I should be there. Next to get in all those contingency forms.

So who's staying there over night.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    I should be there. Next to get in all those contingency forms.

So who's staying there over night.
    Wish I could, but WR & Houston tapped out the travelin' fund for awhile.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm planning on it, but haven't registered yet. Thomas, have you seen who is already registered in CSP? Should be interesting!
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52
    I'm planning on it, but haven't registered yet. Thomas, have you seen who is already registered in CSP? Should be interesting!
    I just looked! Bob was actually my instructor at my first autocross back in FL. Looks like it should be fun. Are any of the others people to watch out for?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Does anybody need a tire warmer? I am seriously looking for a co-drive. I'll even offer up the slowcus as a support vehicle.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I just looked! Bob was actually my instructor at my first autocross back in FL. Looks like it should be fun. Are any of the others people to watch out for?
    Wierd, looks like Bob P. has dropped out! Maybe he got an offer with some other car. We'll have more than enough competition with Jimmy H. and Luis M. I don't know anything about the guy with the RX3.
    Last edited by Mark52; 04-28-2006 at 07:16 AM.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I'm registered now. About two weeks until the event and only 88 entries.

I was all ready to pull the trigger but was reminded about my daughters dance recital on the 21st.......

You kids have fun.

So is anybody staying overnight for this event?

I'm still not sure what I want to do, but sharing costs would probably help make the decision.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I heard that all the local motels were already full, but may still be some available in Weatherford or western Ft. Worth. I wasn't planning on staying overnight, anyway. Did you notice that Jimmy H. and the Fuji Racing Miata have dropped off the entry list? I was looking forward to being beaten by him (and all the other CSP entrants).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52
    I heard that all the local motels were already full, but may still be some available in Weatherford or western Ft. Worth. I wasn't planning on staying overnight, anyway. Did you notice that Jimmy H. and the Fuji Racing Miata have dropped off the entry list? I was looking forward to being beaten by him (and all the other CSP entrants).
    Yeah, I didn't stay overnight at divisionals last year.

I was looking forward to seeing Jimmy and his car again. Luckily Pedroza has jumped on the CSP train with what must be an unfinished SM2 car.

Should be interesting.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Yeah, I didn't stay overnight at divisionals last year.

I was looking forward to seeing Jimmy and his car again. Luckily Pedroza has jumped on the CSP train with what must be an unfinished SM2 car.

Should be interesting.
    Don't expect much from our '06. This will be it's first event EVER We're mainly working on dialing in the suspension. The wheels and tires sizes are temporary and the car is still a fat pig.

see y'all there!

dp

Quote Originally Posted by beagleracing
    Don't expect much from our '06. This will be it's first event EVER We're mainly working on dialing in the suspension. The wheels and tires sizes are temporary and the car is still a fat pig.

see y'all there!

dp
    Should be interesting to see nonetheless. What suspension work have you done to the car?

I'll be there, but I'm jumping ship to BS now that lugnutjon has the car ready and a fresh set of tires mounted. Besides, I like my chances in B Stock better than my chances in C Stock!

Which brings a question to mind - who do I contact to change my event registration? I didn't see a way to edit my current registration on the SCCA website under the registraton tab.
    Iain

Send your changes to the nicest lady at the SCCA, Nancy Downing. ndowning at scca.com

Our suspension is the JIC-Magic FLTA2 coilovers. We're trying to get the Eibach sway package, as well, and do some different settings between heats.

basic intake and exhaust setup. it can get up and go, but who knows how it will handle around cones.

d

Exclamation Marque Club Challenge

You guys see Andy Hollis's post on the pointy board?

In an effort to bolster entries and gain exposure to newcomers, the following was just announced (can someone please post this to the DFW Miata board?):

Mineral Wells Marque Club Challenge May 20-21

The SCCA has created a new program at the Mineral Wells ProSolo aimed at marque club members who have never participated in ProSolo events before. Entrants will be given a free SCCA Trial Membership and a special class will be created so that marque club members can compete amongst themselves for bragging rights and cash prizes!

• For the Mineral Wells event the new Marque Club Challenge class is open only to competitors new to ProSolo (defined as drivers who have not run a ProSolo event in the last 5 years).

• The class is open to any make or model of car that can pass a basic safety inspection.

• They will be placed together in an index class based on how their car would be classed in SCCA Solo classes. If we get enough entries we can divide the classes by Marque so the BMW's can run against each other, the S2000's can run against each other, etc.

• Each entrant will be given a free SCCA Trial Membership (valid for 15 days). Within 30 days of the event entrants may apply this Trial Membership toward a $15 discount on a full SCCA membership.

• Entrants will pay the standard $85 ProSolo entry fee.

• After class competition is completed, the top drivers scored by index will be automatically entered into the Marque Club Challenge, a single-elimination runoff to determine an overall winner. If there are 4 or fewer entrants, it will be a 2-car runoff. If there are 5 or more entrants it will be a 4-car runoff.

• The overall winner will receive a free 1-year SCCA membership, a free ProSolo entry at a future event, and a $75 cash prize from Vorshlag Motorsports. The Runner-Up will receive a free ProSolo entry to a future event and $25 cash prize from Vorshlag Motorsports.

How to enter:

• Pre-entry is required. Entrants must download the ProSolo entry form from the SCCA website and fax it to the attention of Nancy Downing at the fax number shown on the form. (Online entries will not be accepted for this class.)

• Payment can be made by credit card on the fax form or by bringing a check to the event.

• Late fees have been waived for this event. We will accept entries into the Marque Club Challenge as late as 7:00 Friday evening at the event site. However, we are asking all competitors to please fax their entries in to Nancy no later than Wednesday, May 17 if at all possible.

• Prior to the event drivers should try to familiarize themselves with the SCCA Solo and ProSolo rules which area available for download from the SCCA website at tinyurl.com/en4nq

. Novice instruction in starting procedures and event format will be available on Friday afternoon and evening at the event.

• Drivers should bring their own Snell SA 95 or newer helmet as loaners will not be available at the site.

• Drivers should try to prepare their own easily legible car numbers and class letters according to section 3.7 of the SCCA Solo Rules, e.g. numbers minimum 8" tall, class letters minimum 4" tall. (The class designation will be "MC") Required decals will be available at the event site free of charge.

More details and information about the Mineral Wells ProSolo can be found on the SCCA website at tinyurl.com/kvm3e

Other questions can be addressed to Bob Tunnell at [email protected] before Wednesday, May 17.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleracing
    Send your changes to the nicest lady at the SCCA, Nancy Downing. ndowning at scca.com

Our suspension is the JIC-Magic FLTA2 coilovers. We're trying to get the Eibach sway package, as well, and do some different settings between heats.

basic intake and exhaust setup. it can get up and go, but who knows how it will handle around cones.

d
    Nice suspension. Can't wait to see the car!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast