Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miata Dyno Day at ATS Racing August 7

Default Miata Dyno Day at ATS Racing August 7

ATS Racing will be holding a maita dyno day Saturday, August 7, from 10:00-4:00. They are located in Denton. Check them out on their website at: www.atsracing.net

There will be hot dogs around noon. Come hang out and have some fun. You get 3 runs for $40 with printouts. If you prepay the cost is $30. The paypal address is [email protected]

Hope to see all of you there!!

Christin
    99 Miata FM turbo kit 202rwhp
    93 MR2 Turbo 291 rwhp
    04 Jeep Grand Cherokee 180 rwhp

http://www.atsracing.net

1200hp Dynojet 248c

Thanks ATSChristin I can't wait to see what the POS racer is putting out to the wheels!

I'm in. Hey will you take my cc info over the phone instead of PayPal? I just don't like those guys, they want my checking acount information and I don't give that to anyone
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I'll be there! Also looking forward to seeing what the POS Racer is putting to the wheels...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I'll be there - I'm looking forward to seeing what some of the other C Stock cars run.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

ME TOO!!!! ME TOO!!!!

Do you guys care if cars other than Miatas come? I have a friend with an eclipse GST, and he would probably want to come out. It would probably fill spots, as I dont think with this many people on the board we can go from 10-4.... Let me know and Ill see if he wants to come.

Majik has a good point. BTW, there are probably more than a few of the local S2000s that would be interested, if we're interested in inviting them.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'll probably come out just to be with the gang, and see what's what, but I doubt that I'll put my car on the dyno. Don't want you guys finding out my secret... that I'm really putting about 180hp to the rear wheels with my high performance blinker fluid.

I don't mind if we open it up to OTM (Other Than Miatas), although I guess my preference would be to keep it in the MME family. On the other hand, ATS Racing is a business, and I'm guessing they'd simply like to have as many cars as possible show up. But before we invite the whole of North Texas :P , we'd better find out what kind of capacity ATS Racing has. Any need for a participation cap ATSChristin?

C'mon Kestrel - let's see how yours compares to the other local cars. You know that even for a stock car a dyno can be a good diagnostic tool, right?
    Iain

Chassis Designer

i'll be there but i'll have to cut out a little early. i have a wedding to go to back here in temple at 7:00.
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

It's great that so many of you plan on attending the dyno day. I don't mind if some of you want to invite your friends, that don't have miata's, to dyno. Does anyone have a problem with this? Let's just make sure that all miata's that want to dyno have the chance to. The cap for the day is 25 cars. If there are quite a few more than that ATS is willing to have part 2 of the dyno day on Sunday the 8th.

TurboDuane: ATS will only except Paypal for pre-payments. They do however except CC just not for pre-payments. You can pay on the dyno day.

If anyone has any other questions just let me know.

Christin
    93 MR2 Turbo 291 rwhp

1200hp Dynojet 248c

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by ATSChristin
    If anyone has any other questions just let me know.
    Christin
    Christin...when is the deadline for pre-pay?

Quote Originally Posted by ATSChristin
    It's great that so many of you plan on attending the dyno day. I don't mind if some of you want to invite your friends, that don't have miata's, to dyno. Does anyone have a problem with this? Let's just make sure that all miata's that want to dyno have the chance to. The cap for the day is 25 cars.
    Well let’s see if we can get 25 Miatas!

BTW. I think Majik may be fibbing about having friends :P

The deadline for prepay is Friday August 6 at 9:00 p.m.

Christin
    93 MR2 Turbo 291 rwhp

1200hp Dynojet 248c

New here, tell me about ATS Racing. Their site is heavy on MR2's, I don't see any Miata stuff there.

Will not have enough miles for any pulls myself and don't want to be reminded of the 372rwhp the Z06 did.
    Al
    2011 Cayman S
    PCA

ATS started out as an MR2 specialty shop about 3 years ago. They still do lots and lots of MR2s and are probably the biggest MR2 specialty shop in the US. However, they are also car guys in general and do appreciate other brands and models. They have done quite a bit of work to Miatas in the past (exhausts, clutches, FM turbo kits, suspension, brakes, timing belts, etc.). I promise you won't hear grumblings about working on non-MR2's and constant comparisons to non-Miatas. We want to be your F R I E N D

We are working hard to find the time to bring my new Miata down from Denver before the dyno day.

Christin
    93 MR2 Turbo 291 rwhp

1200hp Dynojet 248c

ATSChristin normally when you have these dyno deals do you do all three runs at the same time or do you do one run and then the next guy goes? If there is a break in the action I’d like to bring my timing light!

POS, usually you take all three at once, but there is a little bit of time between runs. If you switched cars, it would take all day to tie each one down three times. I changed out my crank sensor to adjust timing between one of my runs last time I dynoed. Took maybe five minutes.

I am going to try to attend this. Curious to see what my mods add. Mods include: jr cai, jr hi flow cat, jr cat back exhaust and the 14 degree timing bump....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast