Thread: What should I pay for new rotors

Default What should I pay for new rotors

I thought it was posted here earlier that Auto Zone had rotors for around $25.00 so it wasn't worth turning them.
    I called today and was quoted $59.81.
    Where would you buy new rotors?
    TIA.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
    I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon

I just got a nice big box from Nopi.com with Brembo stock replacement rotors for $26 each front/$22 each rear for 94-97 Miata. The smaller 90-93 rotors are a couple bucks less. Well, apparently their online catalog is messed up right now, but you can still call their 800 number.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Try online... the local Autozone was likely just quoting the first one he saw. Autozone.com shows 4 different front rotors to choose from (#31.99-158.99) and 4 different rears ($34.99 to 158.99). And as icepenguin66 points out, several online vendors sell the Brembo stock replacements for even less. One more option is the brake kits (4 rotors with pads) from http://adrenalineracing.com that run between $245 and $299 for everything.

Default How about this set up?

Anyone have any feeling son this set up off E-bay from "88 Rotors'. they have 1,608 positive and only 3 bad reviews.
    Thanks.

- 2 front 88 ROTORS cross-drilled/slotted rotors
    - 2 rear 88 ROTORS cross-drilled/slotted rotors
    - 1 set front PBR XBG semi-metallic brake pads
    - 1 set rear PBR XBG semi-metallic brake pads

Total $199.00 with shipping included.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays

Quote Originally Posted by rudedog
    Anyone have any feeling son this set up off E-bay from "88 Rotors'. they have 1,608 positive and only 3 bad reviews.
    Thanks.

- 2 front 88 ROTORS cross-drilled/slotted rotors
    - 2 rear 88 ROTORS cross-drilled/slotted rotors
    - 1 set front PBR XBG semi-metallic brake pads
    - 1 set rear PBR XBG semi-metallic brake pads

Total $199.00 with shipping included.
    Got a link? I have never heard of the the pads, and you will get mixed opinions on cross drilling of rotors, but the price does sound good.

I love this feedback reply!
    1mo shipping! I called and they had no idea what was going on! LEARN ENGLISH!!
    Notice how no manufacture is mentioned?? Wonder if it's low quality junk from China.

I did Brembo OEM style blanks and OEM Pads but I'm all about the ability to stop! YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    but I'm all about the ability to stop!

I bought some cheapy ebay rotors for my last brake change. Fitment is not good. I won't do it again. Like others said, the brembos from Nopi sound like a good deal, or check with Eddie at Adrenaline.

Don't bother with cross drilled stuff.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Default Link

here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-93...QQcmdZViewItem

I also saw JCW had Brembo for $24.99 with free shipping for three days.
    Seems like lots of options out there.
    Jack "Rude Dog" Hays

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Got a link? I have never heard of the the pads, and you will get mixed opinions on cross drilling of rotors, but the price does sound good.
    Unless they are uber-high quality like you see on Porsches then stay away from the cross drilled rotors IMO. I warped a set at the track that I got off ebay(actually from that vendor I believe). The spec Miatas just use Brembo stock rotors and do fine. It's more about the pads that determines your stopping power(aside from the obvious increase the rotor size).
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...