Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went to the Dyno yesterday

Default Went to the Dyno yesterday

Well I finally got the car up on a dyno yesterday and after a few runs was able to see SAE numbers of 156 HP and 147 LB. Not to shabby for stock, I will let everyone know what happens after the TDR stuff goes on this weekend.
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma
    Well I finally got the car up on a dyno yesterday and after a few runs was able to see SAE numbers of 156 HP and 147 LB. Not to shabby for stock, I will let everyone know what happens after the TDR stuff goes on this weekend.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Very nice. What upgrades are you installing?

Intercooler, Intake, DV, MBC, guages, air splitter, shock tower brace,.....

Well how about an update.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Well how about an update.
    Gary has pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Gary has pictures.
    Will he share them with the rest of the class??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Will he share them with the rest of the class??
    I don't know if you want to see all of them. I am sure some o f the better ones will end up on TrackDogRacing.com at some point.

Here is an update...things are progressing I feel that Gary and I have 90% of the piping figured out and all the other stuff will hopefully fall into place with the pipes done. I will let everyone know when I have it finished because I feel ther ewill be a neverending smile atached to my face

Here is an update...things are progressing I feel that Gary and I have 90% of the piping figured out and all the other stuff will hopefully fall into place with the pipes done. I will let everyone know when I have it finished because I feel ther ewill be a neverending smile atached to my face
    So did you guys do anymore last night?

Yes we did, Gary decided that it was not pretty enough so we started all over on the turbo outlet pipe, I think we(Gary) have a good line on how it will look completed. Just trying to keep things to where somepeople can leave the stock shock tower brace and BV, EBC, if they want.

Well the Lava is flowing once again and it feels great. I think we lost somewhere around 20-25 lbs of the car and my boost is kicking in 1K lower now with a great psssssssshhhhhhh of the BOV inthe the larger intake. It will take a little getting used to hearing the BOV in daily driving but I love it. the Turbo Whine is SWEEEEET. I ar running about 9.5#s of boost and we will be tunning it in the morning to see what gains we can see. Now all I need is a Valentine1, anyone know where to find them locally? Too late to apollogize for the long post but oh well, right now I am the only one on the board soooo.....

Magma check your PM. It did sound sweet when you came off Spring Creek onto Preston today. I think it was about 3:15 pm, just as I was leaving work early.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Can't wait to see the results Wednesday night.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Well with everything tweaked, I was able to get 183 hp and 175 lb! Not to bad a 28hp/28lb gain and a 15LB weight loss in the front end. I am very happy with this and I will be adding the FM downpipe and RB dual turbo exhaust when I get back from Africa, maybe 210.....

Well with everything tweaked, I was able to get 183 hp and 175 lb! Not to bad a 28hp/28lb gain and a 15LB weight loss in the front end. I am very happy with this and I will be adding the FM downpipe and RB dual turbo exhaust when I get back from Africa, maybe 210.....
    And it's pretty, too... Don't neglect to mention that the high hp reading came on the 15th run... A stock MSM would be so heat-soaked by then, it would be lucky to pull 133, so you've got a lot of useable power. It'll be exciting to see what happens once you swap out the downpipe and take the restriction off that turbo... Zoom-zoom!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

isn't the msm a "maf" car? Whats going to happen with all the metered air that disappears via the blow off?

You need 3" exhaust, or one of these, thats when the #'s really get rolling:

I don't think the 2.5" did much of anything on my sis' car. When on went from 2.25 to 3" on my old vw, the it spooled 1200 rpm earlier and free'd up something like 40whp (t3/t04e @ 1bar). Why drop all the weight to add duals later on while running the same old 2.5" pipe thats not going to do anything? If you're going to spend the money, do it right.

so far there has been no prob with the MAF and the intake dropped spool up by 1k rpm I like the visuals of the dual and your sis's sounds great so I will be going with the rb duals. I think the next major power bump will come from the dp, FM claims 26 hp I think when used with their exhaust

so far there has been no prob with the MAF and the intake dropped spool up by 1k rpm I like the visuals of the dual and your sis's sounds great so I will be going with the rb duals. I think the next major power bump will come from the dp, FM claims 26 hp I think when used with their exhaust
    Coming from the crappy stock exhuast on those cars, alot of power can be made up. I'd be weary of the blow off valve...there is no reason why you wouldn't experience fuel trim richness problems since you are running a maf, and dumping out metered air. Why spend all that money on a DP to choke the exhuast off with 2.5"? I think the gray car put down like 170whp right...I guess thats a 20whp gain or so, which is respectable just for an exhuast upgrade. Does anyone locally rock 3" on a car? I have the old 3" system from my daily driver that I'd like to adapt to my car.

I tried to run a blow off valve on a maf car personally, and several friends, and we could never get it to work right. The instant we discovered DV's, everything worked flawlessly. Get a forge dv to move more air, and make cool noises. I always thought people sold blow off's to people with maf cars as an excuse to stick them with stand alone engine management later. I don't see how removing metered air is going to improve the performance of the car...but I'll definatly take that stock DV from you for my turbo system.
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 06-04-2006 at 10:51 PM.

Don Istook over in Fort Worth is a believer in blow off valves and he ran them on his S4 speedvision touring car. I've always heard that DVs are the way to go with MAF cars but he has run them without problems.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast