Thread: I'm getting kinda angry / nervous about my roomates car

Default I'm getting kinda angry / nervous about my roomates car

I'm getting kinda angry / nervous about my roomates carIts totally stock. The car is on its 3rd check engine light with a total of 1600 miles on the clock. Its been egr sensor problems twice now. I dropped the car off and asked nicely if they would change the sensor, rather than clearing the codes.

I expressed to the service manager my previous experience with a car that was increadibly unreliable. I talked my roomate out of the GM offerings for what I percieved to be a more reliable choice.

I'm going to confirm that parts where actually replaced this time, but what do we do next time, when the standard of a check engine light every 500 miles surfaces.

I do not want to deal (by proxy) with another unreliable car. I think the roomate has put more miles on my NA than her NC.

btw, 15 year old perfectly reliable NA > *

Its under warranty just keep good documentation an if it keeps having the same failure you can return it under the Texas Lemon Law.

What dealership are you getting the car serviced at??

My Sister-in-law has put 2,100 uneventful miles on her NC.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Its under warranty just keep good documentation an if it keeps having the same failure you can return it under the Texas Lemon Law.

What dealership are you getting the car serviced at??

My Sister-in-law has put 2,100 uneventful miles on her NC.
    Classic Mazda does the service, the next closest dealers are 40 minutes away. Of course its documented, but its almost impossible to win a lemon case. 9 VW's in the family, and the TT was the worst car experience I've ever heard of. Basically, if you walk the tight rope and make your case, you get a 5 minute test drive

This just furthers my case that I will never, under any circumstance, buy an expensive car. I know its just a check engine light, but if I dropped $23,000 I'd like to see a lack of trouble lights in a car that's only seen .001 of its life.
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 06-13-2006 at 09:54 AM.

What has the dealer done to solve the issue, you mention they have cleared the codes have they actually replaced any parts yet??

When did $23K become an expensive car??

What has the dealer done to solve the issue, you mention they have cleared the codes have they actually replaced any parts yet??

When did $23K become an expensive car??

they never said what they did the first few times. I asked if they would replace the sensor, and they insisted that they only needed to clear the codes. I asserted that it might be a good idea to replace the sensor, since just clearing the codes has failed twice now. The service manager then insisted that if simply clearing out the fault codes is all thats necessary, then thats all that will be done.

I was very nice and polite the whole time, and bit my tongue. However, I'll give Mazda the chance next time it throws a code by going to another dealer. I really don't want another Audi-esque unreliability / warranty service game with a car I thought would be reliable. I don't know the guys there, don't particularly want to, but I don't think the people at that dealer respect me too much.

$23k is alot of money, more money for a car than I'll ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    The service manager then insisted that if simply clearing out the fault codes is all thats necessary, then thats all that will be done.

I was very nice and polite the whole time, and bit my tongue. However, I'll give Mazda the chance next time it throws a code by going to another dealer.
    Sounds like they not fixing the problem they are only making it go away...... I'd try another dealer next time the check engine light comes on sounds like Classic may not be your best choice.

Sounds like they not fixing the problem they are only making it go away...... I'd try another dealer next time the check engine light comes on sounds like Classic may not be your best choice.
    My roomate doesn't know how to do the car thing because she knows so little about them, so if I don't help out, nothing will ever get fixed.

I had to deal with some of this on the Audi and hated it. I've got much better things to do with my time than deal with a POS car.

Its so nice to drive a 15 year old NA, and not worry about crappy electronics which do non-essential functions.

Sounds like you need to bite the bullet and take the car a little further to get it fixed right. Most here would agree that you need to take it to Town North Mazda in Richardson for the quality of service you are looking for. Per Google Maps, it is 22 highway miles from Lewisville.

My roomate doesn't know how to do the car thing because she knows so little about them, so if I don't help out, nothing will ever get fixed.

I had to deal with some of this on the Audi and hated it. I've got much better things to do with my time than deal with a POS car.
    Hey careful with the POS comments !

Doesn't sound like a bad car, sounds a lot like sub par service department, especially since they have yet to do anything but clear the codes.

Next time run it down to Freeman in Irving or Town North they both seem to have it together better than some of the other service department.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Sounds like you need to bite the bullet and take the car a little further to get it fixed right. Most here would agree that you need to take it to Town North Mazda in Richardson for the quality of service you are looking for. Per Google Maps, it is 22 highway miles from Lewisville.
    I'm going to probably just send my roomie there. Any other decent mazda dealers arround?

I'm going to probably just send my roomie there. Any other decent mazda dealers arround?
    As POS said, Freeman in Irving or Town North in Richardson are your best options.

.... decent mazda dealers ....
    Can all those words actually be used in the same sentence??? It just seems so wrong!

Who are you dealing with at Classic as a Service Advisor?

I've dealt with them a few times and they did a good job with replacing the clutch on my '03 to get rid of the chatter issue.

The dealership recently changed hands and I'd like to see who you are dealing with. I know a couple of the SAs and will be up there sometime this week getting my oil changed and wouldn't mind chatting with them.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Who are you dealing with at Classic as a Service Advisor?

I've dealt with them a few times and they did a good job with replacing the clutch on my '03 to get rid of the chatter issue.

The dealership recently changed hands and I'd like to see who you are dealing with. I know a couple of the SAs and will be up there sometime this week getting my oil changed and wouldn't mind chatting with them.

Raymond

Its not a problem...yet. Once I see what they do I'll press the issue. Please don't muddy the waters, everything is still friendly now, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Its not a problem...yet. Once I see what they do I'll press the issue. Please don't muddy the waters, everything is still friendly now, and I'd like to keep it that way.
    Sounds good.

Keep track of all receipts and make notes of all conversations - dates/times/things said. Start the paper trail now just in case. You don't want to have to try to remember things later.

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac

Raymond
    This the same dealership that didn't quite get your oil drain plug tightened on you '03???

This the same dealership that didn't quite get your oil drain plug tightened on you '03???
    That was their "affiliated but separate" oil change place... the same place that will be doing oil changes for the life of the car so if I have any problems with oil related issues... they are the ones that did it.

They did a good job on the clutch on my 03 and on my 92 B&T. That's the only underhood work they did for me on my cars.

Another vote for Town North Service Dept. Talk to Penny or Mike, they'll get it in and take care of you/roomate.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

So did they just reset it again or did they actually replace some parts this time around??