Thread: Pics of new engine

Default Pics of new engine

99 Miata Black

Wow... I love the look of the orange pieces under the hood! It is a really nice shade of orange. Have you considered having your wheels dipped in that same shade?

Now that the engine looks good...I think you should go ahead and paint the whole car orange.
    No more Miata

Actually, that is what I am considering....with maybe black strpes and flames, haven't really decided yet and there is a lot of body restoration to be done before that stage....it is a work in constant progress.
    I plan on working on the SC and IC parts next since I have the car ready to receive it now.
    Next things are....
    Gauges
    Fuel pump
    Brake pads
    Intercooler
    Supercharger

I also plan on getting ground effects for the car along with the fender well splash guards I am missing in the front and likely a new front bumper with fog light openings etc etc....crap the list goes on and on.
    I might have it all finsihed when I'm 50, but it will probably look worse before it gets better
    99 Miata Black

Lookin' good Blaze
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I like the orange accents. Very nice!

Thanks guys, I really am enjoying the extra power and the paint job on the VC came out pretty dang good....I think I will do the intake manifold this fall when it cools down some.
    99 Miata Black

what radiator is that, and what fab had to be done?

It's a PWR double core radiator, they are made in Australia and the best guess is the miatas are slightly different over there....this leading up to the fan shrouds had to be slightly trimmer about a quarter inch down the vertical length. It was real easy to do though other than that it bolted right into place.

Gary at Trackdog racing has them here locally.
    99 Miata Black

I also had to take the rubber cushioning grommets out on both sides to allow the PWR radiator room so it would not rub against the AC condensor. No problems so far.

Love it love it!
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels