Thread: GM Announces Price of Solstice GXP

Default GM Announces Price of Solstice GXP

General Motors' Pontiac division chose (what else) the summer solstice to reveal the price for its top of the line Solstice model. The 260 hp Solstice GXP will appear in dealerships this fall sporting a sticker price of $25,995 (including destination charges).

With 47 percent more power than the normally aspirated version of the Ecotec 4-cylinder powerplant, the GXP should finally provide Solstice drivers with enough motivation to fully explore the performance envelope of the popular roadster.

2006 Solstice models are sold out, and there's already a waiting list for the 2007 models, so if you fancy a GXP in your garage, you'd better join the 20 percent increase in Pontiac showroom traffic this year and sign up soon.

That's pretty awesome! Now let's see if dealers are willing to sell for MSRP...

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    2006 Solstice models are sold out, and there's already a waiting list for the 2007 models, so if you fancy a GXP in your garage, you'd better join the 20 percent increase in Pontiac showroom traffic this year and sign up soon.
    We keep hearing this, but the funny thing is that the Pontiac inventory search shows 8 2006s sitting on lots within 30 miles of me. Granted there are 103 MX-5s within 30 miles, but you could hardly call the Solstices sold out.

If thee a way to put the Solstice body on a NC ?
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    That's pretty awesome! Now let's see if dealers are willing to sell for MSRP...

S.
    I imagine they will mark it up closer to a S2K @ ~$35K
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux
    I imagine they will mark it up closer to a S2K @ ~$35K
    That won't last. There is always a premium to be the first kid on the block with a new toy. Those are the same idiots who trade in every 18 months and complain that they are always thousands of dollars upside down on their note... right before they roll that negative equity into the next "gotta have it" car.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    That won't last. There is always a premium to be the first kid on the block with a new toy. Those are the same idiots who trade in every 18 months and complain that they are always thousands of dollars upside down on their note... right before they roll that negative equity into the next "gotta have it" car.
    Yup. At $26k, that GXP is a helluva lot of car for the money. But man, buying a new Pontiac turbocharged engine the first year of production? That takes some serious stones...

S.

1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

An who could forget the last Turbo 4 cyl convertible from Pontiac, the Sunbird. If the GXP is anything like this, I'm in!