Thread: who sells the cheapest timing belt / water pump package?

Default who sells the cheapest timing belt / water pump package?

I'm going to run mine until it breaks probably (since 'm holding out for a swap car),. but need to have one laying arround just in case.

FM wants way too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    I'm going to run mine until it breaks probably (since 'm holding out for a swap car),. but need to have one laying arround just in case.

FM wants way too much money.
    There is a vendor on Ebay that sells the belt, the pulleys, and the pump for $99, and a few reports on Miata.net say he is actually selling new name brand parts.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Try Trussville Mazda. http://trussville.buymazdaparts.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    There is a vendor on Ebay that sells the belt, the pulleys, and the pump for $99, and a few reports on Miata.net say he is actually selling new name brand parts.
    Who is it?????

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Who is it?????
    Here you go. It looks like he is currently out of 1.6 kits... he had some last time I looked and I suspect he will have them again in the future.

From Miata.net:
    I bought it and found good quality parts (GMB water pump, idler, tensioner, CONTITECH belt) for far cheaper than the dealer

Here is the thread on it.

Talking

Here you go. It looks like he is currently out of 1.6 kits... he had some last time I looked and I suspect he will have them again in the future.

From Miata.net:
    I bought it and found good quality parts (GMB water pump, idler, tensioner, CONTITECH belt) for far cheaper than the dealer

Here is the thread on it.
    Sweet! I figured you were just making all this up in a desperate attempt to impress us!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Sweet! I figured you were just making all this up in a desperate attempt to impress us!

thanks for the ebay link, I'll just hold out for that guy to get something new in.

A little searching revealed that the seller has his own site where he lists the kits for $5 less than he does on EBay. He shows the 1.6 kit here. I don't know if I would order from him without the protection of Ebay, but that's just me.

I got mine from autozone, it was just the belts and pulleys and it was about $30 cheaper than OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    +1
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I ended up going through www.carpart.com . The important stuff was made by mazda, I bought the conti-tech timing belt, and all the stuff for a tuneup and new rubber, it came out to $150 with the water pump. Not bad.

I bought all mine from Mazda Comp about 6 months ago. They actually had a brand new waterpump, MazdaSouth told me they could only get a rebuilt one.

I don't know if I would order from him without the protection of Ebay, but that's just me.
    What protection? Unless the amount of money involved is worth pursuing an attorney then you're pretty much
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

since when has ebay or paypal provided any protection?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    since when has ebay or paypal provided any protection?
    Caveat emptor(a.k.a. Safe Harbor)
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica