Thread: OBDII Reader

Default OBDII Reader

Anyone have a OBDII reader, I got my sisters Xterra today trying to figure out a CEL and I'm not enjoying my trips to AutoZone.

Think it may be time to break down and buy one for home, any recommendations??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Anyone have a OBDII reader, I got my sisters Xterra today trying to figure out a CEL and I'm not enjoying my trips to AutoZone.

Think it may be time to break down and buy one for home, any recommendations??
    This one is on sale for $39 at HF.

Wonder if that one has a erase button like this one. Would like to clear it and see if it comes back.

Linky

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I've got a SmartChip. You would need to load software on your PC to read it though. You can borrow it if you'd like.

Well after hitting 3 Autozones with no success on getting the codes read I ran to O'Reillys and bought my very own OBDII reader.

It even checks all active monitors, cleared the error and I just waiting on the EGR monitor to set and hopefully we will be back on the road with no CEL's!

Linky

Do you really want this board to know you have your own reader? Your house is soon going to have a line worse than autozone!

Won't happen...

I've had mine for about a year now... and mentioned it on the board.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Won't happen...

I've had mine for about a year now... and mentioned it on the board.
    Yes, but...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Yes, but...
    I applaud your restraint sir.

Whatever...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

On the Nissan Frontier, the OBDII computer is under the heater core. The check engine light can be reset by turning the ignition key to on and turning the philips head potentiometer switch back and forth three times.

Before you reset it, you can get the code by moving the pot. to the far position and the check engine light will pulse out the code.

Little too late to save you the money now though.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active
    On the Nissan Frontier, the OBDII computer is under the heater core. The check engine light can be reset by turning the ignition key to on and turning the philips head potentiometer switch back and forth three times.

Before you reset it, you can get the code by moving the pot. to the far position and the check engine light will pulse out the code.

Little too late to save you the money now though.
    Yea I had read about that the Xterra supposedly had that same setup but I always wanted my very own OBDII reader.

The thing kicked the Service Engine Soon light again with another P0420 so I guess I'm not done with it yet. Looks like I'll be joining the Xterra Forum this week!