Thread: HID lights

Default HID lights

I put an HID conversion kit on my '99 Miata and one of them went out. Does anyone know a place in or near Grapevine where I can get that looked at and/or get the bulb replaced.

Johnny

bulb type? Any organism with thumbs can change bulbs out. Get a multimenter and make sure you have current if you can't plug the other bulb in with success. Seriously, my dog has changed bulbs out before.

Just make sure those thumbs don't contact the glass part of the bulb. If they do, wipe off the glass with an alchohol wipe. Finger oils will shorten the life of the bulb by causing hot spots on it.

Oh, and don't crack the bulbs with your thumbs - a la windshield *cough* Titus *cough*

Try your neighborhood VatoZone for bulbs and maybe even a replacement service
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

You probably won't be able to find a replacement HID bulb anywhere locally. Also trying to match the color with one replacement bulb will be difficult even if you use the same brand and color bulb (they change color over their lifetime).

Online is probably the best place to get replacements. Also, carefully check the grounds on the system.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I took it to "Import car center" here in Grapevine and it turns out one of the HID ballasts went out. Fortunately, the company where I got them is swapping out the 2 I have (1 bad, 1 good) for 2 new ones (ballasts and bulbs). HIDs are so freaking awesome, but something goes wrong it sure makes me wish I was back to stock halogens like everyone else; those are a snap.
    Anyways, Thanks guys.

Johnny