Thread: New to Dallas, new to Miatas

Engine Builder

Default New to Dallas, new to Miatas

I just bought my '94 about a month and a half ago. I'm in Dallas for the summer, doing an internship for school (A&M class of 200.

I'd like to maybe autocross a time or two this summer if I have the time. I definitely plan to autocross in the fall when I get back to school. Any auto-x's coming up that I should consider?

Also, I need to get an alignment. I'd like to find a good place in Dallas, or not too far from it, that will use my numbers and that will understand why I want to sit in the car while they do it. Suggestions?

Finally, any suggestions for a good body shop/paintless dent removal place? My Miata got attacked by a cart at Wal-Mart yesterday. It looks like their insurance will pay, but the dent is pretty large.

Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you guys at an auto-x. Is therer some sort of Wednesday night thing, too?

how big is the dent or what area... if you're doing it yourself i can help you find a good guy...

alignments, give me your cell number and i'll set you up... and yes you can sit in your car as it gets aligned, wee hee!!!
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Welcome and check out the Impromptu Events section for the Wed Night thing. Here's the skinny....

Wed nights around 9:30ish - midnight at the NE corner of Park and Coit. Look for all the cars in the parking lot just north of CVS.

Sorry, no suggestions on the PDR or alignment but was thinking of checking out Mouglie's source.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

If your near the northern suburbs... I highly recommend Pro-Dent on Coit just north of the George Bush Turnpike...

LINK

They did some amazing work for me in the past and they're not overly expensive.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome. I just bought a '94 yesterday. Hope to see you soon at an autocross.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04
    If your near the northern suburbs... I highly recommend Pro-Dent on Coit just north of the George Bush Turnpike...

LINK

They did some amazing work for me in the past and they're not overly expensive.

I checked out their site, and the pictures are pretty impressive. I'm actually in central Dallas, but I'd make the drive for a good place. Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by tmanAg08; 07-10-2006 at 10:57 PM.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Welcome

Looks like someone has answered all your questions about maintenance and left the most important question unanswered . . .
    Check our Calendar - click the word here or at the top of the screen and come on out.

Nothing happening for the next couple of weeks and that will give you time to get the car ready. You are very lucky! The next local event is in Mineral Wells!!! As the time draws nearer, watch the forum for plans to meet for breakfast on the way.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

welcome to the madness
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by onething

Nothing happening for the next couple of weeks and that will give you time to get the car ready. You are very lucky! The next local event is in Mineral Wells!!! As the time draws nearer, watch the forum for plans to meet for breakfast on the way.
    If I wanted to drive in that Autocross (on the 23rd), how far in advance do I need to sign up, or do you register on arrival?

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I'll try to get to that one, sounds like it would be fun.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tmanAg08
    If I wanted to drive in that Autocross (on the 23rd), how far in advance do I need to sign up, or do you register on arrival?
    Welcome aboard! SCCA does pre-registration and payment. Go to www.dlbracing.com and you'll see the event on their calendar. Hope to see you out there!

I think only the BMW club and S2000 club require you to sign up in advance. You can sign up and pay on site for SCCA, ER, and Porsche events. It is nice to sign up early in order to avoid the line, though.

Welcome to the show that never ends!
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels