Thread: Cell phones will be open to telemarketers...

Default Cell phones will be open to telemarketers...

GENTLEMEN

FYI

JUST A REMINDER. 2 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies. You will start to receive sale calls and you will be charged for these calls. To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL LIST. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS OR GO TO:

www.donotcall.gov
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

From the Q@A page of the site you linked to:

10. Can I register my cell phone on the National Do Not Call Registry?
    Yes, you may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. The registry has accepted cell phone numbers since it opened for registrations in June 2003. There is no deadline to register a home or cell phone number on the Registry.
    You may have received an email telling you that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls as a result of a new cell phone number database; however, that is not the case. FCC regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers. Automated dialers are standard in the industry, so most telemarketers don’t call consumers on their cell phones without their consent.

I went ahead and registered all of my companies cell phones 6 in total. In the past I've gotten "cold" calls on my cell phone, so I thought that it would not hurt any.

p
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim
    I went ahead and registered all of my companies cell phones 6 in total. In the past I've gotten "cold" calls on my cell phone, so I thought that it would not hurt any.

p
    My guess is they got your phone and are calling you personally. Doesn't the Do Not Call list stop mass dialers only and not an individual just dialing your phone number and trying to sell you something?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Thanks!
    Gabriel

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw