Thread: The BIG FIVE-OH

Default The BIG FIVE-OH

Thought some of you might like to know that my bride will be half-a-century old next Monday, July 31! She's not acknowledging it, but it's gonna happen. Here are places you can go to harrass, console, or sob with her:
    [email protected]
    817-555-1212
    She'll be there 8-5, unless she can't handle all the excitement at her age......

Merv
    Last edited by sammm; 08-01-2006 at 09:36 AM. Reason: removed personal info

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

You reckon you'll live to see the sunrise on the 31st?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    You reckon you'll live to see the sunrise on the 31st?
    Oh sure. After all the surprises I've given her, she knows she can expect anything...................and it's a good thing
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

are you sure you want to post personal contact info like that on a public forum? let me know if you want it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    are you sure you want to post personal contact info like that on a public forum? let me know if you want it removed.
    Leave it for a couple of days, then you can kill it, unless you have a better idea. Thanks
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    ...unless you have a better idea. Thanks
    You could always just redirect her here... and then not worry about personal info on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Oh sure. After all the surprises I've given her, she knows she can expect anything...................and it's a good thing
    You were full of surprises at your wedding. I'm SO glad Jessie and I went!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

email sent!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Talking

Happy Birthday Mrs. MadMerv!

I just got an e-mail from Shelley wondering if I know anything about her getting all of these e-mails from people that she doesn't remember. I feigned ignorance, which is pretty easy for me!!!!!!! Thanks all :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    email sent!
    +1
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Happy Birthday!!
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    +1
    +2
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I'm still alive, after all the surprises, and it was fun. I took her some dead flowers, a black cake, and a wheelchair. I wheeled her all around her office and everyone had a good laugh. After eating the cake, everyone looked like members of KISS with their black tongues! Of course, there was a more serious side to the day with a really nice dinner at Papadeux's. Thanks for those thaat sent her e-mails.
    Merv

Default 50 and counting

Well, Mrs. Mad Merv here, and yes he is still alive. Merv kept the wheel theme going strong this year. For those of you not "in the know" last year I received a Mini Cooper (is that gasps I hear from the crowd?) This year, I got a wheel chair and no, it wasn't motorized. Darn it all. I can only imagine I was a sight to behold being wheeled down the hallway with a party hat on, helium balloons, black cake and dead flowers. Hey, no expense was spared on MY birthday or is that no expense was incurred on my birthday. I get confused, I'm old! Merv insists that he was not crazy before he met me, and that all this is somehow MY fault. I beg to differ. I seem to remember him crawling on his hands and knees, along with my son, resplendent in wigs, to surprise me while I worked in the Municipal Court in Lewisville. Too bad I could see them in the glass wall across the hall!! And Officer Carlson would have been only too happy to check them both into the Lewisville Arms! hehe

Anyway, I may be 50 but I am still a lot younger than a certain person I know who shall remain nameless...........Merv Stauffer.........Merv Stauffer......Merv Stauffer.......Merv Stauffer Hmmmmm, did I really type that or just think it out loud?

Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes. We celebrated in our own special way.

Shelley

Quote Originally Posted by _dixie_belle
    Anyway, I may be 50 but I am still a lot younger than a certain person I know who shall remain nameless...........Merv Stauffer.........Merv Stauffer......Merv Stauffer.......Merv Stauffer Hmmmmm, did I really type that or just think it out loud?
    Naw, We already knew Merv was old.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)