Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to Falken Azenis?

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    What do you think if we all agree to go to the same store(s) to get all our tires to get better leverage in negotiating the price? It is not group buy, but a "preferred store" for all of us. Can we make this happen? How many are interested?

I am tired of droping names each time to get a deal and has to watch out for not being "screwed".
    I'm game for this, but the only problem is location. I know we're spread out all over DFW, and I for one am not going to drive 30 miles each way to save a couple of bucks on tires.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yep, like Iain said, I'm in Garland most of ya'll are either mid cities or northDallas/Plano, too much work to load up tires and drive across town. The last two times I've gotten Azenis, I've paid a total of $240 for the tires and mounting/balancing at discount tires.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

When dropping names/beating Discount Tire/etc., be sure not to say "But Fred at the Discount Tire in Waxahachie sold them to my friend for $50." It tends to cause friction for Fred at Discount Tire in Waxahachie, making it tougher for your friend to get a good deal later...

Just a request...

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I'm game for this, but the only problem is location. I know we're spread out all over DFW, and I for one am not going to drive 30 miles each way to save a couple of bucks on tires.Iain
    If I was getting a good deal I drive a bit, what we need is a good independent tire store!

Discount has always been a hit or miss proposition for me. It varies store-to-store and employee-to-employee with Discount. BTW. I doubt our little group of folks wouldn't even register a blip on Discounts monthly sales figures for the DFW Area. But some independent we may actually be worth some consideration.

I always bring a print out of the cheapest I can find online and try to get them to match. Last time on the Azenis, I had them at onlinetire.com for $44. They matched at $54, to account for shipping and mount and balance. Add in the other normal stuff for a total of about $239.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews2004
    I always bring a print out of the cheapest I can find online and try to get them to match. Last time on the Azenis, I had them at onlinetire.com for $44. They matched at $54, to account for shipping and mount and balance. Add in the other normal stuff for a total of about $239.
    I've had the Bedford store say no even thought I had the receipts from the last two Azenis purchases at the same damn store!!!!

**BTW. I am still Bitter! **

YMMV

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews2004
    Best deal I could get a couple of weeks ago was $119 each - oh wait, you guys are buying for 8" rims

If we could all show up at the targeted store some Saturday when we all needed tires and all had the money and all had baseball bats . . .

I'm in if we can get something going anywhere in the Metromess. I drove 45 miles one way for the last set.

The trick I found with Discount is to call em before hand and arrange for the tires to meet you there at a given price. I did that for the Discount in Irving off Beltline, $54 bucks for each Azeni.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

So, I guess we have enough interest but not knowing how we approach this porblem.

We have to consider that adding the purchase of tires for our other family vehicles, each one of us purchase at least 1 1/2 to 3 sets of tires each year on average. With only just 10 of us, we can garantee the purchase of 15 to 30 sets of tires a year. It is small potato, but for the samller store it may worth their effort.

Actually, all we need is to has someone has a store with a mounting machine and balance machine and able to order tires for us at wholesale price. Than we can screw the Discount Tire (at least the one in Rockwall and Hurst)

Gab

You guys and your tiny 14" wheels, stop posting on my thread! I got them big 'ol 15" tars...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12