Thread: Identify Power Antenna wires

Default Identify Power Antenna wires

I'm replacing my original power antenna with an after market power unit. The original unit has 8 wires (including ground)....the new has 6. I have Haynes' Repair Manual....which is useless. Anyone have a wiring diagram...or, reference link I can go to, to identify those wires?
    Thanks, in advance.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It may help to identify what year Miata you have. It's not in your profile either.

Also, why are you replacing it?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

My Miata is a '93....and I'm replacing it because the plastic drive cable has broken. I purchased an 'after market' unit for a good price (good move???). The "after market" unit has only 2 wires (besides the ground & antenna leas): Red (hot) and Blue ("antenna trigger wire"). The OEM has 4 wires: Green/ B stripe; Blue/W stripe; Blue/Y stripe; and Black/Y stripe). The "after market' guys have not responded to my pleas for help! Maybe I should just return it and fix my old unit??? PS I've updated my personal profile.

Quote Originally Posted by shazam
    My Miata is a '93....and I'm replacing it because the plastic drive cable has broken. I purchased an 'after market' unit for a good price (good move???). The "after market" unit has only 2 wires (besides the ground & antenna leas): Red (hot) and Blue ("antenna trigger wire"). The OEM has 4 wires: Green/ B stripe; Blue/W stripe; Blue/Y stripe; and Black/Y stripe). The "after market' guys have not responded to my pleas for help! Maybe I should just return it and fix my old unit??? PS I've updated my personal profile.
    FYI: You can get a replacement drive cable for $21.63 from Trussville

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)