Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you use for insurance?

Default Who do you use for insurance?

We have Farmers but feel we are paying too much.

We want to go with a reputable carrier that will be good to work with if we have need to.

Our situation. No accidents or tickets in the last three years.

We will also carry home insurance with our new carrier.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I have had good luck with AAA for almost 5 years. I feel like I have pretty decent rates.
    No more Miata

I got State Farm, shopped them last year. I found someone that could beat the rates on my 4 insured cars, but couldn't find anyone who could beat the rates on the house.

So I bitched at State Farm and they dropped my rates on the cars down to a competitive level.

I'm using USAA all around (car, truck, horse trailer, and house) and have been very happy with them. Have you (or your parents) been the the military?
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04
    I'm using USAA all around (car, truck, horse trailer, and house) and have been very happy with them. Have you (or your parents) been the the military?
    Dad did a stint in the Navy.
    ...and across the line.

GMAC here. We've had no issues with them, and their rates were quite a bit lower than State Farm (who wouldn't lower our rates event though we carry their homeowner's insurance - Mick, who is your agent?).

I've had Farmers before, and I hated them. During one memorable dealing with them, I threatened to come and sit on the the desk of the Regional VP until they cut me the check they'd been promising for over a week, since the body shop had finished my car four days previously and wouldn't release it until Farmers actually paid them for their work.

That was just one incident, though. Unfortunately, I had a number of dealings with them while using them as a carrier, and not a single one of them was pleasant or hassle-free.
    Last edited by altiain; 08-15-2006 at 10:09 AM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    FYI : Being a member of "The Village People" does not constitute as military service.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    (who wouldn't lower our rates event though we carry their homeowner's insurance - Mick, who is your agent?).
    Doug Strickland in Colleyville.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    FYI : Being a member of "The Village People" does not constitute as military service.
    ...and across the line.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

We just switched (home and auto) to Germania after being with Liberty Mutual for almost 15 years. Liberty Mutual's rates on our 'new' house were outrageous and wouldn't cut us a break so we told them adios.

Amica. They're not the cheapest, but they are the best. They were wonderful after my wife totalled the Corolla. Didn't even raise our rates.

They have all sorts of pro-consumer policies. For instance, they "total out" your car if the repairs will cost 65% of the car's value. Most insurance companies only total you out at 80%.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    ...new ride...
    New ride?

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    If he used USAA then you are eligible. http://www.usaa.com
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I've used Farm Bureau for the past 11 years, and to date, I have had no issues with my home owners or Auto policy. Their rates beat all others and they still will give you a $500 deductable on your home owners insurance if you are willing to pay the price. My Auto insurance run $670 with a $50 dollar deductable on comp and a 250 on collision.

James Wood is my agent out of McKinney

P.S That's a 1999 nissan frontier and 2005 Mazda
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    New ride?
    You don't want to know.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    We have Allstate for everything... hell, the insurance on the new ride is less than what I'm paying for coverage on a 7 year old VW!!

BTW the insurance agent I have said that the cost to repair the vehicle is what determines how expensive it is to cover. i.e. The Kia Rio was a more expensive vehicle to cover than my Miata...

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    You don't want to know.
    Do too.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    You don't want to know.

S2K

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active
    S2K