Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope someone will "poz up the neg hole" of Spax suspension

Thumbs down I hope someone will "poz up the neg hole" of Spax suspension

I bought some dirt cheap used, had them revalved because a buddy had a set of seals to do the work. Well those seals blew, and not Spax won't sell new seals to repair these. Pretty gayed out if you ask me. I knew spax sucked going into it, but i thought with resealing and new springs they would be much better. They were, but who knows what went wrong, and now I'm screwed. I don't know what to buy now since I don't want to ship back to japan with teins and blah blah blah.

Regardless...thanks alot Spax.

Moral of the story: Its too bad H&R doesn't sell coilovers for our cars anymore.

What don't you like about TEINs?

Are you looking for coilovers only instead of springs and shocks?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Probably that they would triple the value of his car...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post

Are you looking for coilovers only instead of springs and shocks?

they apparently don't last longer than about 50k miles, and only a 1 year warranty. Why pay $1800 for something with that low level of service, and I don't think its cheap to ship to japan.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Probably that they would triple the value of his car...
    nah, just double it.

Interesting. I know that Moss sold the Spax for about a year, but I don't recall hearing of one person that tried them.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    they apparently don't last longer than about 50k miles, and only a 1 year warranty. Why pay $1800 for something with that low level of service, and I don't think its cheap to ship to japan.
    If you search msg boards enough you'll find people complaining about every product avail. But Tein Flex are 1200.00 and very highly recomended.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMClassic View Post
    If you search msg boards enough you'll find people complaining about every product avail. But Tein Flex are 1200.00 and very highly recomended.
    They are not rebuildable though, and why pay so much for something thats doesn't last that long?

I probably just going to get some old bilsteins and send them into aftershocks and get perches for the springs I had cut for the spax coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Interesting. I know that Moss sold the Spax for about a year, but I don't recall hearing of one person that tried them.
    We all knew they sucked, but I got them so cheap that it was worth getting them revalved with new springs.

We all knew they sucked, but I got them so cheap that it was worth getting them revalved with new springs.
    If you are ready to trash them, does it still seem worth it?

If you are ready to trash them, does it still seem worth it?
    I already have that service done. It was free through a friend, but apparently something went wrong. Is there any damper/spring package that handles on these cars?

I already have that service done. It was free through a friend, but apparently something went wrong. Is there any damper/spring package that handles on these cars?
    I have the FM spring with KYB AGX shocks and I am pretty happy with them.

I have the FM spring with KYB AGX shocks and I am pretty happy with them.
    is that a linear spring?

This car is not going to be a daily driver, I want something thats specifically trackable. I don't want to get something too soft, because I don't want to drive this car daily.

btw, do any spring/damper combo's actually make for decent performance. The last thing I want is grotesque understeer that probably dialed in for safety of idiot drivers.

They are not rebuildable though.
    Type Flex is availble for overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMClassic View Post
    Type Flex is availble for overhaul.
    $1800 though. I'm just pissed off. Now I think I'm going to do a rebuildable bilstein strut, and need to pick a fairly stiff spring. From what I find though, no one makes a decent spring though, only crap for daily driving. Its pretty stupid if you ask me.

I don't want to be stuck with something that plows through corners.

Sounds like you want the Mazda Comp Spec Suspension. It comes with the Bilsteins and really stiff Eibach springs.

Sounds like you want the Mazda Comp Spec Suspension. It comes with the Bilsteins and really stiff Eibach springs.
    meh, I can't afford that crap. I'll just have to fix the Jetta and drive it. So much for going to hallet.

meh, I can't afford that crap. I'll just have to fix the Jetta and drive it. So much for going to hallet.
    Then I point you back to what I use... FM springs and KYB AGX shocks... a cheap compromise. The springs are about halfway between stock and Spec Miata, and the package can be put together for just under $500. Another option is Ground Controls coilovers for around $400 where you can choose whatever spring rate you want, and then add the re-buildable shock of your choice.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast