Thread: These are DCX's answer to the Accord and Camry?

Default These are DCX's answer to the Accord and Camry?

Como se dice, "rental fleet"?

The new Sebring...

And the marginally better looking Avenger...

Engine choices are a 2.4L four-cylinder (172 hp), a 2.7L V6 (190 hp/190 ft-lbs) and a 3.5L V6 (235 hp/232 ft-lbs). In combination with Chrysler's new six-speed auto, the 3.5L should rival the acceleration of the segment's leaders according to the company.

Talk about more of the same! If I have to buy domestic, give me a Fusion, please.

S.

Here's the Shebring interior...

The only cool feature I can find on this car is this one: Heated/cooled front cupholder for keeping cool beverages cool and hot beverages hot. Cupholder can heat beverage to 140 degrees F or cool to nearly freezing at 35 degrees F

I love it. DCX has no small car to rival the Fit, the Caliber is selling well for now but seems to be a real pig to drive, and now we get this to run against the new Camry and upcoming new Accord.

Meanwhile, in unrelated news, Toyota's August sales were up 17% versus August 2005.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    rental fleet
    Ding Ding Ding!

I'd think this Toaster should compete OK again the other Toasters in its class.....

Meanwhile, in unrelated news, Honda sales fall for first time this year.
    Sales of the company's flagship Accord, which is mainly produced in Marysville, fell 25.2 percent to 34,504 cars sold, while sales of the Accord Hybrid dropped 78.6 percent to 499 units.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Meanwhile, in unrelated news, Honda sales fall for first time this year.
    That is interesting, isn't it? I guess that just shows you how competitive this market is. Honda's fortunes will turn around when the new CR-V and new Accord hit the market. This is more of a blip due to having older models in their line-up than anything else.

I also think the Ridgeline hasn't been the hit Honda wished it were. Proof that styling matters, people!

What IS weird is that they've maintained a very tight supply of new Civics. That means Civic sales are down compared to last year even though you can hardly find any on dealer lots. Seems like they need to ramp up production a bit more.

S.

Also realize that the Accord is billed as a performance hybrid, a concept that even Toyota is having a hard time selling, as evidenced by the paltry sales of the GS 430h.

Honda missed the mark with the Accord Hybrid, no doubt, but its Civic Hybrid is selling briskly.

S.

missed the mark with the Accord Hybrid, no doubt, but its Civic Hybrid is selling briskly.

S.
    Are ya sure about that?
    with the Civic Hybrid falling 17.7 percent to 3,411 cars sold.
    Toyota in the same period sold 4,977 Camry Hybrids, and 11,117 Prius!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Are ya sure about that?Toyota in the same period sold 4,977 Camry Hybrids, and 11,117 Prius!
    That doesn't mean Honda isn't selling every Civic Hybrid it can build.

Honda can't compete with Toyota on volume.

Ferrari didn't sell as many 599 Fioranos as Toyota did Camrys, either, but try and find one of those without a multi-year wait.

S.

That doesn't mean Honda isn't selling every Civic Hybridd it can build.

S.
    The link doesn't discuss manufacturing capacity??? It just talks about how one months sales were up? Then again we have the other article that states, "with the Civic Hybrid falling 17.7 percent to 3,411 cars sold."

Just an FYI falling sales is not a good thing!

And Yes Toyota is the current (get it "current") Hybrid King! Long live Toyota!

Is Nissan making any $$$$ these days???