Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCCA #7 - 9/17/2006 - TMS Bus Lot

Default SCCA #7 - 9/17/2006 - TMS Bus Lot

SCCA Event #7 - September 17, 2006 at the TMS Bus Lot!

Registration Open

Entry List

Well kids, I'm coming home for this one. See you guys there
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I'll be there.

Looking forward to seeing blackzx3's exhaust tip in person.

Well, I registered this morning, but paypal sez my payment is still pending. Maybe Phil is ticked that I didn't sell him the car?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I'll be there.

Looking forward to seeing blackzx3's exhaust tip in person.
    What exhaust tip?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    What exhaust tip?
    Did you buy one of these for your Miata?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    Did you buy one of these for your Miata?
    Hell no!!! Who drinks decaf?

I didn't see Titus on the entry list but I did notice this.......
    Sunday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 90. South southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north northeast. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I didn't see Titus on the entry list but I did notice this.......
    Sorry... can't blame me for this one.

Anyone meeting beforehand?

Well it's already raining a touch at my house this isn't a good sign, may just crawl back into bed.

Yes I know I'm a , but a dry ......
    Last edited by POS Racing; 09-17-2006 at 05:21 AM.

OK, who brought Titus to the race today?

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Thank you, Titus
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

prima donna Mod car drivers.

That's all I've got to say.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    prima donna Mod car drivers.

That's all I've got to say.
    Care to explain for the entertainment of those that were not there? ( I swear, I wasn't anywhere near there!)

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Care to explain for the entertainment of those that were not there? ( I swear, I wasn't anywhere near there!)
    Yeah. After working for two and a half hours in the rain, we had to wait an extra fifteen minutes to finish the last heat of the day because a certain pair of B Mod pilots couldn't be bothered to complete their runs during the time given to everyone else.

So, we waited while driver #1 did a lap (in the wet, on slicks, at something like 15mph). He finished, drove all the way over to the end of the pits, parked it, helped Driver #2 into the car, stood around for a minute or two, and then Driver #2 pulled to the line, to take not his last, but his last two runs. In the wet. On slicks. At about 15mph. that.

At the National level, if you ain't ready to go when they send you to the line, and you don't have a valid mechanical problem, you forfeit your run. It's about time we implemented the same rule at the local level. I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for Mod cars to get their runs in at the end of the heat or the end of the day, when every other single driver seems capable of doing it in the allotted time. Got a mechanical problem? That's one thing. Waiting for the weather to improve to get an edge on your buddy? Tough - you run when the rest of us run, or you don't run at all.
    Iain

I might have escaped the mods, but I had to deal with the karts.

Hmm, how about the mod drivers have to marshal the course for the karts?

Still wonder what the story was on those two?? All the other mod cars were done and in the paddock while I stood in the rain waiting on the 2 special kids.

Hey Solo RX-7 you are one of the cats in charge at the SCCA can we get your explanation for the "Special" Circumstances that let this one slide??

BTW. I did a reverse :cathead: and attended todays event! And I won my class "yea for me"!

Well, I had fun today. I think its the first time I've trophied all season. Lost to that darn NEON!!

BTW-I agree with Altiain and POS, I had the unfortune of working grid when all the SAE cars came out, and it was hard enough to figure out what was going on with all those guys going (Dr. Bob did help out a ton though), but some drivers decided to not follow grid rules and just hop in line whenever they feel like it. I had 3 different people come and gripe at me for thier cars overheating in the start line, and I might be going out on a limb here, but if you followed grid rules like everybody else and took your runs when you are supposed to, your car might not overheat. Sorry if thats too far out for some people to understand, but these people are supposed to be the role models.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast