Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a fart can replacement

Default Looking for a fart can replacement

I'm looking at replacing the fart can (Magnaflow) exhaust that is on my car now, and I have narrowed it down to 2 different systems. The Borla Dual system from Moss and the Racing Beat Power Pulse Single Exhaust. I'm tired every redneck or 16 year old kid thinking that I'm trying to race them, and almost causing a wreck trying to show me up, when I'm barely touching the gas. Has anyone listened to either of these exhausts? The price difference is only $6 after adding shipping, so for me it is really a toss up. Any other suggestions are welcome, but I don't want to spend $500 on a catback.

I'd like to suggest a third option. The enthuza http://www.enthuzacar.com/m1exhausts.asp. I've had mine for about 3 years, and it has held up in great condition.

Out of the other two though, I would go with the Racing Beat. They are more of a performance company than MM.

Chris

Doesn't Kestrel have the RB single on his '99??

I'd second the suggestion of the Enthuza exhaust. Sounds great, the price is right, and it's lightweight - much more so than the RB system. I've had mine for over a year with no problems to date.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I have the same kind as Altiain but the tip on mine is looking ugly. The polish I tried did not phase it. It was shipped well and the owner was good to work with. Could not tell any power differance on a M2.

Can you buy just a muffler for a NA? I thought that since they can have cat backs, that they would be made to fit the aftermarket mid-pipe

You can replace the muffler, but you won't get the benifits and sound quality of going with a bigger diameter. The Catback exhausts should hook up even with the different mid-pipe and header.

All of the exhaust system should be inter changable with all other components, stock or otherwise. If not, then someone is messing up/stacking the tolerances.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    I have the same kind as Altiain but the tip on mine is looking ugly. The polish I tried did not phase it. It was shipped well and the owner was good to work with. Could not tell any power differance on a M2.
    Blue Magic. Works wonders. If it doesn't work cold, put it on warm pipes, but make sure there's plenty of ventilation...

I'll second Blue Magic. Consumer Reports rated it NUMBER 1 too.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

And you can buy it at Autozone/O'Reilly's...

As far as a fart can replacement, brock... I think you should get a big red Folger's can and stick it on there. Then you'll be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    And you can buy it at Autozone/O'Reilly's...

As far as a fart can replacement, brock... I think you should get a big red Folger's can and stick it on there. Then you'll be one of them.
    I don't know if you have heard the exhaust on my car or not, but it sounds like I have done just that.

My vote is on glasspacks or straight pipe!

The motorcyclists say Loud Pipes Save Lives... maybe it would help Soccer Moms From Hell to notice us in our small cars...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Anyone knows which one is lighter, Enthuza or RB? I guess they are more alike than different. I think the weight should the deciding factor.
    Gabriel

I went over to the Enthuza web site and he says that he will do a group buy for 3 or more people. I would be interested in buying on. Anyone else want to join??

Paul
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    Anyone knows which one is lighter, Enthuza or RB? I guess they are more alike than different. I think the weight should the deciding factor.
    Kestrel weighed his when he installed it, and it was almost the exact same weight as OEM, iirc. The Enthuza is noticeably lighter than OEM - I didn't weigh mine, but I'd guess around 10 pounds lighter than stock.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

IIRC, Chad used to claim the Enthuza was 12 lbs lighter than stock.

Well you could go with this titanium and be the envy of DFW.

http://www.adrenalineracing.com/cata...roducts_id/358

Only 8.5 Lbs. Or you could go with the Spec Miata Exhaust and really save some weight.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92

Only 8.5 Lbs. Or you could go with the Spec Miata Exhaust and really save some weight.

Chris
    I've been drooling over this exhaust for some time now. It may find its way onto the car sometime late next year, if I still want to go to CSP at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92

Chris
    This exhaust is no good. It is British and backwards from our American Miatas. Exhaust tip is on wrong side.
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

I know someone that can make custom Ti exhaust up in Denton.

I will likely have the capability in the next few months. I'm planning one (funds permitting) for the miata. If it comes out well, I'll do others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast