Thread: What's your style?

Default What's your style?

Ok I noticed my style of GT3 driving is alot different from one of my friend's. We recently started racing against each other, and our cars are setup completly different, no surprise there.

He sets his cars up with tons of understeer/more grip. He's pretty quick like this, but I can still edge him out.

When he races with my customized cars, he complains that the rear lifts wayy to quick and he can't believe I am even remotely quick with so much oversteer. I think his cars are freaking push queens.

Anyone have similiar experiences? I guess I like em a bit loose in the corners.

Chris

I think the fastest lap times on almost all GT3 tracks come from a car that can accelerate hard and early from every corner. With the exception of the S turns on SSR5/11 and Midfield, transitional handling and snap oversteer isn't much of an issue.

My cars are a "touch" loose, but not overly so. However, with good corner entry speed, I can power out of all the important turns without pushing off track.

I haven't played GT3 with enough other people to compare. In real life I've seen huge setup differences even amongst professional drivers. Its sometimes really tough to convince them that an easy to drive car isn't usually the fastest car. It seems that when they're the fastest, they come into the pits complaning that the engineer is trying to kill them. :) But I've never heard a driver complan!!

Yeah TC.

I like being able to rush into the corner nail the brakes and rotate the car a bit under threshold braking. I also like to rotate it a bit under power, especially with the race cars that have a bit more grip. It goes through rear tires a little too quick though!

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I haven't played for times in a while... lately I've been building/setting up stuff for simulated drift - so lots of oversteer, and all TCS crap off....
    '99 Silver/Tan - aka "mx5 2nr" for sale
    '96 4 Runner - for sale too