Thread: Uber-M3?

Default Uber-M3?

[img]http://nl.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RwBLA94VVBNhhSLANgowPOEvEdtXenlrFIPr*gP4vIInb14sD qAn7ejCqr*IcayRmvZV9dyzBzH7zHpmOQSfECyLtncBhnBftpF MtUgF0l0/m311.jpg?dc=4675483413660085346[/img]

I don't dig the "Bangle"ized M3 but damn I would kill for those wheels!

to me it looks like they copied the rx-8 some... but added back in the stupid beemer grille.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Actually, the upcoming 3/4 Series is the first "Bangle-ized" BMW I actually like so far, although the 6 Series Coupe isn't bad.

Besides, shouldn't that read M4, keeping with BMW's new nomeclature - even numbers for 2 doors, odd numbers for 4 doors?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Actually, the upcoming 3/4 Series is the first "Bangle-ized" BMW I actually like so far, although the 6 Series Coupe isn't bad.

Besides, shouldn't that read M4, keeping with BMW's new nomeclature - even numbers for 2 doors, odd numbers for 4 doors?
    I believe that the M3 was going to stay the M3 due to brand recognition. I've forgotten where I read that...

Huh? Is that new? Since when?

I really don't like the new 6 series with the WRX tail lights. That m3 is pretty radical but I think I would drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder

Huh? Is that new? Since when?

I really don't like the new 6 series with the WRX tail lights. That m3 is pretty radical but I think I would drive it.
    There was a push among BMW top ranks to change the series nomecalture... although I don't know if it failed in committee. I do know the M3 will be remaining the M3 again due to brand recognition. I'll see if I can't dig that article up....

Hmm... if the M3 remains the M3, it'll be the only one. BMW decided a couple of years ago that starting with the next product cycle, all 4/5-doors would carry odd number designations, and all two-doors would carry even numbers:

3 Series, 5 Series, 7 Series, upcoming 1 Series, X3, X5 - all sedans or 4-door wagons/hatchbacks/SUVs.

Z4 (ever wonder why they didn't call it the new Z3?), 6 Series (coupe & convertible versions of the new 5 Series), upcoming 2 Series (coupe & 2-door hatch versions of the new 1 Series), upcoming 4 Series - all coupes or convertibles with 2 doors.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Wowza, sounds like the new M5 will be a screamer!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Here's an Autoweek story (LINK) concerning the next M5... still with the old naming system.

But's not the article I was looking for... Still looking...
    The M5 is a four-door, so of course it is going to retain the odd-number designation, doofus. :P
    Iain

I'd hit it.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Here's an Autoweek story (LINK) concerning the next M5... still with the old naming system.

But's not the article I was looking for... Still looking...
    The M5 is a four-door, so of course it is going to retain the odd-number designation, doofus. :P
    I know... I realized that as I was typing! Doh!