Thread: Watch your Bank Accounts Closely!

Exclamation Watch your Bank Accounts Closely!

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_...268212823.html

This was an interesting story on the news last night. The same exact thing happened to me about two weeks ago thankfully for less than $12,500.00.

I got the same 30 day crap, I can be very persistent and I got my $$$ back by the end of the business day.

Watch your accounts seems as if this is not a random thing like the goons at the bank tried to tell me!

I had a $361 cash deposit fee at Wells Fargo. I was like "what the $%^^#@ is this?" We never deposit cash, only checks. It took them about 30 minutes to call back and say that it was an error and that the money would be refunded that day. If I had not looked I would have never known.

p
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Hmmm... Bank of America as a common thread... Hmmm... maybe you should call CBS.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Yep, similar thing happened to me earlier this year. I had a $600 something dollar withdrall for an American Express payment. I don't and have never had an American Express card! So I'm like, "WTF mate!" Apparently they got the bank account numbers mixed up and withdrew someone else's check from my account! Took 4 freakin days to get my money back, which seemed like a year for a part time college kid!

*I have Texans CU not Bank of America btw, but still same problem.
    Last edited by icepenguin66; 09-27-2006 at 06:13 PM. Reason: add info!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

If ANYONE here ever has a problem like this with Bank of America and is needs help getting resolution, please contact me. I will make sure you are moved up the chain to someone that can help.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    If ANYONE here ever has a problem like this with Bank of America and is needs help getting resolution, please contact me. I will make sure you are moved up the chain to someone that can help.
    Good to know! Thanks!

Talking

YOU have pull? Sweet...

Can we get a box full of those pens with the chains attached?

Default B of A

I have a problem with Bank of America charging me to use Quicken. They charge you an fee to automatically update your account transfers using Quicken software.

Thats a load of crap IMHO. I can Download the stuff for free, but have to pull up my account through their website.

When I talked to them about this, they told me they were just passing along their cost's to the consumer. I call BS.

Maybe another reason to switch to USAA.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    I have a problem with Bank of America charging me to use Quicken. They charge you an fee to automatically update your account transfers using Quicken software.

Thats a load of crap IMHO. I can Download the stuff for free, but have to pull up my account through their website.

When I talked to them about this, they told me they were just passing along their cost's to the consumer. I call BS.

Maybe another reason to switch to USAA.

Chris
    That I can't help with.... I have a feeling the "free checking" wars have really messed with the fee model at most Banks. You get a "free" account that is costing them $15 a month to maintain. Something has to cover the costs.

I've been watching mine for a week now........and it just keeps getting......
    smaller,
    and smaller,
    and smaller!

SIGH!

Something has to cover the costs.
    How about a little less on the profit margin or bit less to the investors... and a little more customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    How about a little less on the profit margin or bit less to the investors...
    I take it you haven't started your Business 101 course yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    ... and a little more customer service.
    I thought you wanted cheaper? Make up your mind!

This kind of stuff is why I am a cash only guy, dont use banks and never will.
    99 Miata Black

I take it you haven't started your Business 101 course yet?

I thought you wanted cheaper? Make up your mind!
    Doesn't take a business major to see folks been bent over a barrel with fees...