Thread: Didn't know where to put this

Default Didn't know where to put this

Yup, wrecked it. Just got home, I'm tired, my ears are ringing really bad, my eyes burn a little, and that airbag gas still has me coughing a bit.

It's totalled for sure. I was getting on the highway, hit a bumpy section of road as a light mist had also just came into the area, and the car broke traction, the back-end swinging out to the left just enough. I had no time to correct or even try to, nor brake. It almost immediately gained traction as soon as it had rotated, and I hit a lightpole just left of center head-on. I was probably going ~50-60 at the time, I'm not too sure. The accident investigator said that there was no way that I was going that SLOW for the wreck, but I don't dare drive much over 60 in the rain on these tires. Oh well, guess I'll find out tomorrow what they put as the cause on the report. The same officer was also quite annoying. Kept asking me if I drink or had drank anything (answer "I'm not old enough" his reply "So?" :rolli:). Asked me if I had smoked any weed, um, ya, sure..... My answer was "never did anything" reply "oh ya, sure, whatever". I was already not in the mood to deal with him, and would have let him know it, had the 1st officer on the scene weren't as nice as he was.

Oh well, guess I don't have to deal with a money-pit anymore, tho not in the way that I had hoped. Don't know if I'll be back in a Miata or not, they are fun and all but I just don't know if I'm as in to them as I used to be...

Adam Payrot
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

that sux, i'm sorry it had to happen to you. i was looking forward to meeting you and hanging out sometime. good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Sorry to hear that Adam! Hope you are doing OK and good luck with the whole situation.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Sorry man.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Sorry

I'm glad your OK

Sorry to hear about it, Adam.

On a side note, I saw more accidents on my way home yesterday afternoon - five of them - than I've seen in a long while. I also had two people drive right into my lane as if I wasn't there, even though I had the headlights on all day. One lady cut me off so severely that I had to swerve slideways into the next lane to avoid rear-ending her.

I also sat at a four-way intersection at Davis & Mid-Cities and watched a woman in the southbound left turn lane make her left turn... but instead of turning onto the three-lane-wide eastbound road, she turned into the westound left turn lane, on the wrong side of the concrete median. In broad daylight. Plus, she was the third car at the light, and the two cars in front of her managed to go where they were supposed to go. What was she thinking?

Thankfully, no one was sitting in that lane at the moment, so she proceeded 1/4 mile down the road on the wrong side, and then turned into a gas station to correct her mistake.

Long story short, the roads were a dangerous place yesterday. I'm sorry to hear that they claimed you as a victim, Adam.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw