Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hallett - The Real Story

I forgot to turn off my camera after my last session and have most of Gary's last session on video. It's fun to watch, Gary goes by at about twice the speed of everyone else, and you can hear him hit every strait.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

That's just too funny. Since my camera did not have any sound maybe we can dub it in. We need to bring all the film together this weekend and have a viewing party. Yea, that's it! Need more beer. Hint, hint. Wink, wink.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
    That's just too funny. Since my camera did not have any sound maybe we can dub it in. We need to bring all the film together this weekend and have a viewing party. Yea, that's it! Need more beer. Hint, hint. Wink, wink.

Gary
    I wish I could. I really like the video format and quality of my video camera. I definitely want y'all to see it. (Even if it looks like I'm parked, compared to Gary's) But, Jodi's parents are coming down to watch the twins this weekend for my Birthday so we're off to the Texas Ren. Fest. down near TWS.
    So this weekend I'll be checking out the all girl naked slip and slide competition, the mostly cute girls wearing nothing but chainmail show and basically dressing like a geek. So The weekend after this weekend I vote video watching party. lol
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Quote Originally Posted by scmx5driver View Post
    ...and basically dressing like a geek.
    And this is different than any other day, how?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by scmx5driver View Post
    I
    So this weekend I'll be checking out the all girl naked slip and slide competition, the mostly cute girls wearing nothing but chainmail show . lol
    Mike has a good camera...

Sounds like it was a helluva weekend! Wish I could've gone.

So how many NA's got a transponder and what were your lap times? I'm curious what everyone's lap times were.

Hey William & anyone else with AGX, just for additional input, my last time at Hallett I ran with the AGX at 4 all around with Azenis to get a personal best of 1:38. I have been putting them at 7 front/6 rear, which normally feels pretty good with the GC springs.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post

So how many NA's got a transponder and what were your lap times? I'm curious what everyone's lap times were.

Hey William & anyone else with AGX, just for additional input, my last time at Hallett I ran with the AGX at 4 all around with Azenis to get a personal best of 1:38. I have been putting them at 7 front/6 rear, which normally feels pretty good with the GC springs.
    Gary did a bunch of 1:28.3X. Several seconds faster than his nearest driver.

It was most people first time at Hallett and even their first time ever on a track so there not much to go from. The guys with transponders were in the mid to high 1:40's. I figure from others in our group that my laptimes were in the high 1:37's to 1:38's. Never got passed by another car, well except for speed but we were nose to tail all day. Not bad for my first time at Hallett with only four sessions. Figure I can break into the 1:36's with some more sessions next September.

Last year my best was 1:43, this year based on lap times of others, I'm guessing 1:40/1:41??? I could not keep with up with Mike and Speed, but my last session, they didn't lap me, and the 2 sessions before they caught me and went by in the last few minutes, I tried to keep up but my balls and traffic got in the way.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post

It was most people first time at Hallett and even their first time ever on a track so there not much to go from. The guys with transponders were in the mid to high 1:40's. I figure from others in our group that my laptimes were in the high 1:37's to 1:38's. Never got passed by another car, well except for speed but we were nose to tail all day. Not bad for my first time at Hallett with only four sessions. Figure I can break into the 1:36's with some more sessions next September.
    I tink you're being a bit modest. IIRC, the fastest guys in our group with transponders were running in the 1:36.xx range, and no one was keeping up with you (except me :)

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    I tink you're being a bit modest. IIRC, the fastest guys in our group with transponders were running in the 1:36.xx range, and no one was keeping up with you (except me :)
    Here are the Transponder times.

Thanks for posting, Titus. No one even close to Gary,and too bad the rest of ya'll didn't have transponders........ It would also be nice to know who was FI and who was NA, and who was on R tires. I was especially impressed with the improvements on some of the novices. Next year I should have the freedom to come and play, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Way to go Gary.

Shawn was showing steady improvement.
    Good job everybody!!
    Last edited by Nexus Flux; 10-25-2006 at 11:22 AM.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

First time at Hallett, first time on track. Stock '96 except for GC coilovers & AGXs - running 6F/4R, stock front sway, no rear sway. Yok ES 100s that were on the car when I bought it.

Best lap into the 1:42s

Oh yeah - Gary was SMOKIN' FAST. I was having lunch in the cafe and "hey look, there's FM." ~10 sec later - "hey look, there's Gary." Very next lap: "hey look, there's Gary passing FM!"
    '96 M-edition

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    Sean was showing steady improvement.

Who was this Sean guy??

thanks for the support

Shawn
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Gotta love that guy Keith at FM claiming that Gary's time of 1:28.342 was because he has been racing for 30 years at Hallett.

Get your facts straight buddy. Gary has a total of 4 sessions total at Hallett in a car back at the event in 2003 before this weekend. Before that he did a two day motorcycle DE and back a couple of decades ago a two day event in a cart. He has never raced a car ever. So maybe the story relayed back to Keith got lost in translation

So way to get your facts straight buddy. Great spokesman for FM, whining about things he has no clue about. Think they didn't show thinking they dominate the class?

Just admit it that Gary knows what he is doing (both driving and car prep). He's spent the past 4 years developing his product line to a point where it is capable of outclassing the competition.

BTW. The weekend before last he set the fastest lap time at the MSR 1.3 track for a sports car. I think he has some skill. Yah think?

Glad you set him straight, if you didn't I was going to.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Glad you set him straight, if you didn't I was going to.

Link? Never mind. Found it.
    Last edited by black roadster; 10-25-2006 at 11:21 AM.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    BTW. The weekend before last he set the fastest lap time at the MSR 1.3 track for a sports car. I think he has some skill. Yah think?
    Quicker than Keith in his Elise? Hmmmmmmm
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post

Dang Chris, that's a fast time! The best I ran was a 1:39.7 in the novice, and I have the tein flex. Though you have been there many more times, that's smokin'. Let me know when you are planning to go up there again, and I'll go with you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast