Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miatas @ Hallet Photos

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Bean,

Can we get a baby crying smilie?
    Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    We had one... the baby cried about it, though...

Me <----------------- 10ft.------------------->the rest of this topic.

Too much crying going on...

Getting back on topic, sort-of.
    Check this out...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...65912907072020

I hope it works. Let me know.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Quote Originally Posted by scmx5driver View Post
    Check this out...

Nice video! More more more!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Check this out...

Dman Skirt get off my bumper

Talk about reeling in me in on the striaghts. I'm peddling as hard as I can

Great video

Hey TImmy thats Susan in a passanger seat

Check this out...

Damn, I miss that track. I need to get the RX-8 up there some time soon.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    Dman Skirt get off my bumper

Talk about reeling in me in on the straights. I'm peddling as hard as I can

Great video

Hey Timmy thats Susan in a passenger seat
    Dang Mike! You were fast in the turns. You guys and your limited slips. LUCKY!!!
    Wish I had one!!!! If I can find one that's not $500 I'll have to get it.

Great driving Skirt! Your car looked good. It's crazy how boost allowed you to catch up to Mike in less than a lap.

Thanks Mike for the montage..... I truly appreciate it. I will also use it as a background. Suzan's kids were freaked out watching the video that Skirt shot that showed you and Suzan whippin around the corners. Priceless
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Mike you arre just damn good, NA and eatin' our lunch. I haven't had a passenger ever at Hallett, I rode along with Bob Benson and learned his line and next year think I will request some help, I'm just braking too hard and not carrying all the speed I can throught the turns. Wish I could afford as much seat time at MSR as you guys.

I found it interesting that Bill started the day with a 1:36, but dropped to a 1:4? at the last session. He never mentioned car trouble so and did get an "instructor" in the afternoon, but 7-8 seconds?????
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I think Bill was giving out rides in the afternoon sessions so I'd expect he took it easy on the passangers. If I had the guts I think a ride with Gary would be an ete opener.

Watch GAry's video compared to Skirt's and you'd bet that his was on fast forward : )

We gotta get a clip of his up there somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    Thanks Mike for the montage..... I truly appreciate it. I will also use it as a background. Suzan's kids were freaked out watching the video that Skirt shot that showed you and Suzan whippin around the corners. Priceless
    Yeah, she was a great passenger on the ride along. I kept asking her if she was OK if she was being too quiet. She said she didn't want to bother me while

Glad you like the photos, your car looked good out on the track. You need to get some real numbers the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Dang Mike! You were fast in the turns. You guys and your limited slips. LUCKY!!!
    Wish I had one!!!! If I can find one that's not $500 I'll have to get it.

Great driving Skirt! Your car looked good. It's crazy how boost allowed you to catch up to Mike in less than a lap.
    That was the way it was all session. I'd make some distance in the turns and skirt would just reel me back in on the straights and under braking.

John, I lived with a open diff for many years (14 years). Although the torsen is a improvement its not going to make a tremendous amount difference to your laptimes on the track. My times barely improved more than a couple tenths at the ranch when I added a torsen. You can learn to drive with a peg leg and make it work to your advantage.

Probably more important when autocrossing.

You need to get some real numbers the next time.
    [thread drift]

I highly recommend Sean Grubb and IZoom Graphics in Oklahoma. You probably saw his vinyl-covered '99 Miata at the Hallett event. He does great work for a great price, and he's extremely easy to work with:

[/thread drift]
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Thanks for the montage Mike. Crawling back in my hole now.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Mike you arre just damn good, NA and eatin' our lunch. I haven't had a passenger ever at Hallett, I rode along with Bob Benson and learned his line and next year think I will request some help, I'm just braking too hard and not carrying all the speed I can throught the turns. Wish I could afford as much seat time at MSR as you guys.

I found it interesting that Bill started the day with a 1:36, but dropped to a 1:4? at the last session. He never mentioned car trouble so and did get an "instructor" in the afternoon, but 7-8 seconds?????
    Well, the track seemed to get slicker as the day went on. At least it did to me.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

I think Bill was giving out rides in the afternoon sessions so I'd expect he took it easy on the passangers. If I had the guts I think a ride with Gary would be an ete opener.

Watch GAry's video compared to Skirt's and you'd bet that his was on fast forward : )

We gotta get a clip of his up there somehow.
    It's true. You watch Gary's video and you wonder "what happened to the straights?" It was like you blinked and he was in the braking zone. lol No rest for the wicked, ah, I mean Gary, on that track.
    Skirt

Looking forward to seeing the vids. I emailed Clyde about pictures we'll see what he captured of the triple 3
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Check this out...

MIKE, I've gotta say those are some of the best lines I've seen at Hallett! Great driving and you cetainly have learned what makes a Miata fast....maintaining momentum in the turns. Can't say enough for your driving..... What tires were you on? I think I might like to try out those Tien Flex shocks. The car seems very balanced.
    Merv

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    MIKE, I've gotta say those are some of the best lines I've seen at Hallett! .... Merv

I have to agree. Paul H. in the BRG had Jim Erwin as his instructor. Jim races an NSX at Hallett regularly, and I followed them for a couple of laps. I could see Jim pointing and guiding Paul around the track - and your line matches Jim's exactly.

For some reason I had a hard time finding that line through 4 and 10 without someone to follow, but watching your video was like "So THAT's where I ws supposed to be..."

Very nice work, and great video, too!

Craig
    '96 M-edition

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast