Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Miatas @ Hallet Photos

I would think faster than 75, I was doing 65 and 70 the few times I looked down. When you get it right, you know it. I think I'm apexing too early as well. It just doesn't feel like it has the room to let it drift out like Ricochet does.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    D you mean turn 2????
    ooops! Yeah!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    D you mean turn 2????
    I've had to look at that little track map they gave us for this whole part of the thread.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    I would like a few more trys at the track before next year. Maybe we can get a group together in the Spring.
    The thing is going all the way up to Hallett is that its 800 miles of driving, track time is $95 (plus 35 COMMA membership) 2 nights in a hotel, gas and food. Probably looking at $350 for the day and lose a day of workk.

You'd do better to suck up to someone who is a member at MSR ($30 a session) or do the APEX Academy track events at MSR and get time with a real instructor. Then next year you'll be comfortable at speed at Miatas@Hallett 2007.

..................the sound of sucking up, down and sideways in the background as Timmay enters the Dogpound
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

..................the sound of sucking up, down and sideways in the background as Timmay enters the Dogpound
    Didn't Harry give you an open invite?
    so no sucking involved for the time being

Simiply amazing...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76182856643723

Gary at Miatas@Hallett 2006
    Session 2 Lap 10
    FTD: 1:28.342
    Over six seconds faster than the next fastest time
    260 RWHP Miata experiencing lots of brake fade

I would like a few more trys at the track before next year. Maybe we can get a group together in the Spring. I have no doubt I could be in the intermediate group if I hadn't shifted so much, had someone to follow and just let the car move more with momentum .....but for the first time on a track and being an old fart I was happy.
    The RX-7 guys asked me if some of the Miata guys would like to get together to set up a track day in the spring. The DFW/Tulsa 7 guys always have a "rotary bbq thing" and wanted to have it at Hallett this time but need some more guys to help rent the track.

Or you guys can just tag along with me for Hallett's High Speed Touring (open track days) at the end of every month!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

I think I had turn 10 down pretty good today in the project racer. Turn 2 the hairpin always seems to give me the most trouble. Dam turn isn't that bad IMO. The whole track is about late apex....
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345