Thread: Fort Worth 5K/10K Turkey Trot and 5K Jingle Bell Run

Default Fort Worth 5K/10K Turkey Trot and 5K Jingle Bell Run

Anybody else running or walking in either of these? I have signed up for both (10K for the Turkey Trot), so let me know if any of you guys will be out there, too.

Both are a lot of fun. The Turkey Trot is the morning of Thanksgiving and starts on Camp Bowie in the Ridglea area. It goes through some nice neighborhoods and is a pleasant run.

The Jingle Bell Run is two days later on Saturday night in downtown Fort Worth. It is pretty cool running through there.

More info at:

Turkey Trot: www.fwtrot.org

Jingle Bell: www.arthritis.org

I know you all were anxiously awaiting my time...

For the Ft. Worth Turkey Trot 10K, I had 53:11 +1 Cone. Not bad for someone my age/weight and a little over 2 minutes faster than last year.

Now a nap and some turkey to celebrate National Cashew Day. Oh, I guess it's Thanksgiving, too. Whichever you celebrate, Happy Day!

I woke up at about 8:15 instead of 6:30. So my time was stay in bed. I do have a shirt now though.

Try this for your Turkey Trots...

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

For those of you keeping score at home, my time on last night's Jingle Bell 5K was 24:29, which is about a minute fast than last year and only a few seconds over my best 5K time ever. Not sure what the PAX time was.