Thread: Looked at Mazdaspeed 3's today..

Default Looked at Mazdaspeed 3's today..

Briefly got a look at two new MS3's that Town North had today. They were already sold, so all I got was a look, no drive. Visually they are pretty much the same aside from the bumpers. Interior seats looked ok. One of the two was the new blue color, which wasn't so flattering. Was hoping to see a red one, but all they had was silver and blue.

Anyone drive one yet?
    '99 FMII + everything (sold!)
    '97 FMII (previously)

I was at Town North getting a couple of keys made last Friday. No MS3s on the lot, sold or otherwise.
    They had what seemed like quite a few MS6s, though...

I'd love to take one for a spin, though. Seems like a nice way to replace my wagon with something similar...and a warranty.
    If someone here does drive one, please post up a review. I'm a little tired of the pc magazine write-ups that all say the same things.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by Shoefly View Post
    Briefly got a look at two new MS3's that Town North had today. They were already sold, so all I got was a look, no drive. Visually they are pretty much the same aside from the bumpers. Interior seats looked ok. One of the two was the new blue color, which wasn't so flattering. Was hoping to see a red one, but all they had was silver and blue.

Anyone drive one yet?
    All that I have seen are on the showroom floors and test drives are a NO-NO. You either know what it is and buy it or you don't know what it is and just assume it's like all the other Mazda3s you see with the "2.3" on the fenders. I am AMAZED that they sold them already. All 4 Hiley Mazda MS3s are still sitting at the dealerships (yes, TWO...Arlington and Hurst). The first two they got were black, and the 2d one they got at the Hurst store is silver, haven't seen the 2d one at the Arlington store yet (I live right behind it). Noone has even made an offer on any of them, but lots of people have looked. The Hillard Mazda calls us EVERY DAMN DAY to look at their red one. Even sent us an email that siad the price is "negotiable by $2500", sticker being already dropped to $25k from $27k when they first got it (MARKUP BASTARDS). Tried to tell me they already sold 2 and they are "saving" this one for me. RIGHT! They don't get but one a month like all the other dealerships. I told them to sticker it at $22k and I'll drive it home today, but they haven't responded. If they call back and tell me to come get it, I'll say "$20k and it's a deal."
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r View Post
    I was at Town North getting a couple of keys made last Friday. No MS3s on the lot, sold or otherwise.
    They had what seemed like quite a few MS6s, though...
    Yeah, and selling them for $22k with 44 miles on it. I would buy it if it didn't have a CRAPPY PTO AWD system!@@%@
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

It'll be interesting to see how well these sell. It seems like a great car, so Mazda shouldn't have any trouble moving them. Then again, the MS6 is a great car too and we all know what happened there. Especially in base trim, without the GT pack junking things up, the MS3 is very desirable.

Figures Hiley would be marking them up. What a bunch of ers.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how well these sell. It seems like a great car, so Mazda shouldn't have any trouble moving them. Then again, the MS6 is a great car too and we all know what happened there. Especially in base trim, without the GT pack junking things up, the MS3 is very desirable.

Figures Hiley would be marking them up. What a bunch of ers.

S.
    And still none sold from any dealerships that I know of.