Thread: WTB: '91-'93 Miata with ABS

Default BOUGHT: '91-'93 Miata with ABS

I'm looking for a '91-'93 Miata with ABS to build an STS2 car. It must be straight with little or no body/paint work. Other than that, miles and condition don't matter much.

I'm willing to pay up to $500 over market value (up to around $4k), so let me know if you have one you're even considering selling.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Last edited by bfitz; 11-18-2006 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Bought

Quote Originally Posted by bfitz View Post
    I'm looking for a '91-'93 Miata with ABS to build an STS2 car. It must be straight with little or no body/paint work. Other than that, miles and condition don't matter much.

I'm willing to pay up to $500 over market value (up to around $4k), so let me know if you have one you're even considering selling.

Thanks,
    Brian
    I don't think ABS came on any Miata's that early, except maybe the LE. If I'm wrong, I'm sure others will chime in.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

DING, DING, DING.....

YES THEY DID!

Chech out the pointy Board for features list of miatas. My Moms 1991 B package had ABS.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

This has what you're looking for -

http://www.miata.net/faq/Miata90-97A3.pdf

I guess I should have put it under Linkee instead of Board, but I posted that same link.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    I guess I should have put it under Linkee instead of Board, but I posted that same link.
    They contain the same info, but are different. I think the PDF file is easier to read than the other.

Question: Have you considered buying a car that had ABS as an option ('91B, '91SE, '92B, '92C, '92SE, '93B, '93C), and then retro-fit it? There have been plenty of '93 LE (ABS Standard) that have been totaled, and I am sure one of the Miata only dismantles would be able to sell you the whole package. A quick look shows that Planet Miata has a '93LE interior listed (tells me they at least had an ABS system in stock at one time). One note... THIS write-up of the swap may scare you away from the idea.

Yeah, I considered doing a swap, and yes, that write-up put that out of my head.

I passed on a local car today. It was a '93 White C-pkg car with ABS and 144k miles (on Craigslist). The chassis looked good. Only the driver's-side front fender had been replaced. It seemed to run fine, but the seller asked me to call when I was 15 minutes away, and the car was running when I got there. The body was in horrible shape (hail dents, large areas of missing paint touched up with a brush, numerous small dents, etc.). A few hours after I left, the seller called to say someone else was offering $1900, and I wasn't willing to go any higher. I'm still not sure that was the right decision, but it's done now.

Brian

It seemed to run fine, but the seller asked me to call when I was 15 minutes away, and the car was running when I got there.

Brian
    That's usually a bad sign. I'd say you made the right decision.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Default I found one!!!

I found one!!!

It's a '93 B-pkg car with ABS. It has 120k miles on it, but you'd never guess it. Other than a little wrinkle over the left-rear fender and a couple door dings, it's outstanding. All body panels are original, the paint looks great, it has new Bilsteins (likely for sale shortly), and the motor feels very strong. I was cruising at 90 on the way home, and it was rock solid. I couldn't have dreamed of finding one better.

It was posted on craigslist in Austin around noon on Thursday, and it was mine about 24 hours later. Off to STS2...

Brian

Yeah, I considered doing a swap, and yes, that write-up put that out of my head.

I passed on a local car today. It was a '93 White C-pkg car with ABS and 144k miles (on Craigslist). The chassis looked good. Only the driver's-side front fender had been replaced. It seemed to run fine, but the seller asked me to call when I was 15 minutes away, and the car was running when I got there. The body was in horrible shape (hail dents, large areas of missing paint touched up with a brush, numerous small dents, etc.). A few hours after I left, the seller called to say someone else was offering $1900, and I wasn't willing to go any higher. I'm still not sure that was the right decision, but it's done now.

Brian

You were right to pass on that one.

Nice looking one you bought!

So? Has the build begun?

Nothing yet... We have family in town, I had to fix my daily driver (and a bunch of other excuses...)

Brian

Brian

hahaa, damn, that other guy was me and it drives fine... some ppl here already saw it at last wednesday's meet. the only thing i can complain about it is a dirty engine with some gaskets that need replacement...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....