Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Texas-Statewide] Driving Event - Jan. 27-28, 2007 - Raging Bull Texas Stampede IV

Default [Texas-Statewide] Driving Event - Jan. 27-28, 2007 - Raging Bull Texas Stampede IV

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to extend a personal invitation to our annual weeklend-long driving event. Details are in the post below.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope some of you will decide to join us.

Regards,
    The Tourmaster

Default [Texas-Statewide] Driving Event - Jan. 27-28, 2007 - Raging Bull Texas Stampede IV

The Raging Bull Texas Stampede IV
    January 27-28, 2007
    Austin, Texas

The Raging Bull Texas Stampede is a weekend-long driving event
    designed to bring together driving enthusiasts who have a passion
    for driving their cars the way they were designed to be.

The Raging Bull embodies some of the most challenging and scenic
    backcountry roads in the great state of Texas.

You will get the chance to drive and hang out with some of
    the nicest and most passionate driving enthusiasts around.

Come for only one day or the whole weekend.
    Join the group in Austin or Fort Worth.

The next Stampede will have some new features: Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, the longest private road course in Texas, will be expecting us Sunday morning for classroom instruction and driving on their 3.1 mile track. And in response to requests from friends and fans, for the first time, attendance has been opened up to sports cars of all makes and models. All Porsche, BMW, Miata, Corvette, MINI, Nissan Z, Infiniti, Mustang, Lotus, Mazda RX-7 and RX-8, Ferrari, and Honda S2000 clubs in Texas will be invited.

How well can you ride the Raging Bull?

Saddle up with us and find out.

Advance registration is required. There is a registration fee.

For more details and registration, go to:
    www.RBTexasStampede.com

Simplify things for me how much will this cost, I'm too lazy to follow your link!

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/registration_steps.html
    REGISTRATION FEE (1)

Solo driver____________ $30 (2) or $40 (3)
    Driver & Passenger_____ $45 (2) or $60 (3)

The fees above are applicable only to adults 25 and older (there is no fee for children 15 or younger).

Registration fees do not include hotel, meals, or gas. Payment may be made by personal check, money order, or cashiers check. Make the check payable to Raging Bull Texas Stampede.

If you are sending a personal check it must be postmarked by January 12th so that it will clear by January 26th. After January 12th, payment may only be made the day of the event in cash. Please ensure that your payment is postmarked by January 12th so that we don't have to spend extra time on the date of the event.

(1) the purpose and use of the registration fee are explained on the FAQ page
    (2) if mail containing payment is postmarked by January 12, 2007
    (3) if mail containing payment is postmarked after January 12, 2007
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

And since I'm only 23, I'm not allowed... 25 and up only... Or you can have a 15 and under passenger.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot View Post
    And since I'm only 23, I'm not allowed... 25 and up only... Or you can have a 15 and under passenger.
    Yep... it seems they feel you have poor judgement...

Given that good driving habits are mostly the result of sound judgment and driving experience, all licensed drivers (and passengers eligible by the State to be legal drivers) are required to be at least 25 years old. This rule was established based on the nature of the event and experience at previous Stampedes. Licensed drivers and passengers younger than 25 may be allowed to participate if they are recommended by an Officer of an official and recognized car club directly to the Tourmaster via email. This will allow drivers who are known by their club's leadership to possess good driving habits to participate in the event as a driver.

Note #1: The primary reason that the rule above applies to both drivers and passengers is because the Tourmaster has no way of contolling who is driving a particular car when there are two or more licensed people in a vehicle.

Note #2: Children 15 or younger are also allowed to attend. License and proof of insurance requirements listed below do not apply. However, they do need to sign the liability waivers.

So does registration just get you registered or does it also get you the MSR part, "Sunday morning for classroom instruction and driving on their 3.1 mile track."

That would be the freaking deal of the century for a focus day at $30.00......... Somehow I think there may be additional fees.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by youngturk View Post
    The next Stampede will have some new features: Motorsport Ranch in Cresson,
    Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    So does registration just get you registered or does it also get you the MSR part

8:30 - 10 am
    Instructor-led class at Motorsport Ranch
    Line up cars at paddock area following classroom instruction
    Practice classroom teachings in lead/follow paced laps at speed on the track
    Regroup for Q&A with instructor after track time
    90 minutes that includes a class before and Q&A after. Sounds like you will end up with one 20 minute lead/follow session.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    90 minutes that includes a class before and Q&A after. Sounds like you will end up with one 20 minute lead/follow session.
    What's the word I'm looking for....... oh yea!

Meh.....

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    So does registration just get you registered or does it also get you the MSR part, "Sunday morning for classroom instruction and driving on their 3.1 mile track."

That would be the freaking deal of the century for a focus day at $30.00......... Somehow I think there may be additional fees.
    Guys and gals,

I am sorry for leaving your questions without answers. The email notification did not let me know there were replies. I just happened to be browsing through the forum and saw all of the replies.

To answer your immediate question: There are no other fees or fee for the MSR part.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    A similar question was raised at an S2000 forum, so instead of re-typing a long reply, I will just insert the link to that post:

http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12277

Any other questions, just holler.

Turk

Default Is the road calling you? Answer the call.

Only 24 days to the next Stampede! 16 thrill-seeking drivers have registered already to ride the Raging Bull.

Wondering what the Stampede is like? Here is the link to last year's Stampede discussion at G35driver.com:
    http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73888

And here is an article about the last Stampede in Sport Z Magazine by veteran Bull Rider and driving instructor Renee Hayden:
    http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/RBTSI...006_issue.html

Pictures from last year’s Stampede can be viewed here:
    http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/jan2006_index.html

The 'Past Stampedes' page at the event web site has pictures, articles, and G35driver.com threads from the two previous Stampedes:
    http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/stampedespast.html

If you’re interested, advance registration is required and there is a registration fee. It’s all explained at the web site.

If you’re already planning to come, be sure to make your hotel reservations before Jan. 13th to receive the discounted group rate.

Happy new year to you,
    The Tourmaster

Default Don't you want to get out after all this ugly weather?

There is only one week left before the Stampede. 19 drivers who have a passion for driving and their navigators have already signed up to ride the Raging Bull, some coming from as far away as Idabel, Oklahoma and Paris and Houston, Texas. There wil be a variety of cars: 350Zs, G35s, 300ZXs, a Porsche Boxster and Lotus Elise, Solstices, a BMW 328is, an RX-7 twin turbo, 240SXs, and others.

Preparations for the Stampede are in full swing and I'm really excited. The track and restaurant arrangements are all set. I recently spent some more time driving some of the roads to fine tune the route and I am really excited how great it is turning out to be. It's going to be a challenging run for all of us. Not only that, the weather forecast for the Stampede weekend is very good: cool and sunny. That is a welcome change given the prolonged nasty weather we've experienced recently.

All the information you need to know is at the web site: www.RBTexasStampede.com

I hope at least one Miata will join us.

Quote Originally Posted by youngturk View Post
    16 thrill-seeking drivers have registered already to ride the Raging Bull.
    Titus told me he was ready to "ride the raging bull", but that was something involving POS, and not this event.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    Titus told me he was ready to "ride the raging bull", but that was something involving POS, and not this event.

S.
    Matt, I just told you that so I didn't have to go to wine tasting party the same day.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

LOL your old enough to be a meat shield in a hostel nation but you can't drive with us

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    LOL your old enough to be a meat shield in a hostel nation but you can't drive with us
    Did you just call Titus a "meat shield"? And, uh, what's a meat shield?

S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast