Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Restrictions

Default Water Restrictions

Who is still in restrictions and what levels?

McKinney is fed by Lake Lavon which is still in a Stage 3 and Lake Lavon is 15 feet down. Water restriction will not be lifted until it fills back up which would require lots of rain. Spring at the soonest.

according to the city of McKinney, they have new sources but they won't be online until 2008.

The big issue for me is washing my cars. I have been grudgingly using car washes. Now, however I have a new stock of Zaino on hand. To properly apply it, I need to wash the car with Dawn to strip the wax, claybar it, wash again with Zaino car wash, apply Zaino and wash one last time.

This would be difficult to do at a coin operated car wash. Anyone who CAN wash their cars want to get together for a car detailing? I can toss a few bucks your way for water usage.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Technically, you can wash your car at your own home in McKinney. The wording of the restriction is that you can not wash your car with a hose. I called the city water folks to be sure and they said as long as I don't use a hose I'm legal.

I have two big 5 gallon buckets that I fill directly from the tap and use those to wet and rinse the car. Not exactly convienient, but it does work.

If in doubt, call them yourself....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    How about going with a dirty car for awhile...
    Nah... then you wind up with a VW so dirty your only choice is to sell it!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Nah... then you wind up with a VW so dirty your only choice is to sell it!
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    Technically, you can wash your car at your own home in McKinney. The wording of the restriction is that you can not wash your car with a hose. I called the city water folks to be sure and they said as long as I don't use a hose I'm legal.

I have two big 5 gallon buckets that I fill directly from the tap and use those to wet and rinse the car. Not exactly convienient, but it does work.

If in doubt, call them yourself....
    Murphy is still Stage 3 as well. Can't use a hose to wash the car, but we can hand water the lawn with a hose at any time.

Me, I just put the car on cement blocks in the front yard and wash it by hand with a hose.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

You saying my ol' VW was dirty???
    Heh.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

How about going with a dirty car for awhile...
    works for me...................

I still think Richardson is. Can't even wash my car.. and the enforcement people still are trolling around. Had no idea when I bought a house that I would not be able to wash my friggin car...
    '99 FMII + everything (sold!)
    '97 FMII (previously)

Washed the wife's Miata on Saturday, then sprayed out the garage and washed down driveway!

You water wasting bastard... I'm jealous.
    It's good to be me!

I'm going to wash the car with a bucket tomorrow. I'll probably waste more water than with a hose but it only says you can't wash your vehicle with a hose.

Under the Stage 3 regulations, outdoor watering will not be allowed between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. and customers will be able to use sprinkler systems and irrigation systems only once a week (on trash days). Customers will have to stop hosing paved areas, buildings and windows, using ornamental fountains and using a hose to wash vehicles. Watering with a handheld hose or soaker hose is allowed – except for between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Talking

Just thought I'd share, I washed my Black Miata Today, and washed down driveway!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Just thought I'd share, I washed my Black Miata Today, and washed down driveway!
    Bastard. Still can't do that in Frisco.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I washed my Miata today, also.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

It seems to me that we would use a lot more water at a self serve car wash than our own driveways. A little Zano in a bucket with a quick hose down is much faster. Any word on the details of car washing in Frisco, can we bucket wash?

Quote Originally Posted by mia-t View Post
    It seems to me that we would use a lot more water at a self serve car wash than our own driveways. A little Zano in a bucket with a quick hose down is much faster. Any word on the details of car washing in Frisco, can we bucket wash?
    Car washes are required to recycle the water. Usually only the final rinse setting gets you fresh watter.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Car washes are required to recycle the water. Usually only the final rinse setting gets you fresh watter.
    thats good to know. always wondered about that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast